Chapter Eight

The next day passed much like the last for Shannon. She was up fairly early with Dobby who was doing his best to wait on her hand and foot while still calling her “Miss”. Together they took another tour of the castle, this time with Shannon pointing out the rooms and where people were. After a delicious salad for lunch, she was off to work with Hagrid again, watering all the greenhouses and cleaning up after the owls.

        Out of curiosity, after the Owlery was spic and span, Shannon asked Hagrid who fed the owls and to her immense relief, he said they were free to come and go as they pleased and went hunting on their own. Shannon would have never been able to feed live animals, so this took a great weight off her shoulders.

        There was even another meeting with Dumbledore in the evening but this time he came and knocked on her door himself and instead of sitting in his office, they took a nice stroll around the castle grounds. Dumbledore inquired about her mother’s maiden name to see if he could find anything else of interest and of her birth date.

        Finding out her birthday was at the end of July had Dumbledore smiling and saying he quite liked most early born Leo’s. At the fact that Shannon was born in 1982 and had travelled back from 2012, Dumbledore could only laugh in his quiet way and explained that she did look much younger and had fooled them all on that account but he would now find even more amusement in Severus calling her “girl” when she was but three years his junior.

        All in all it was a relaxed and peaceful day and Shannon got to her room just after dark feeling quite relaxed and content. Slipping in to the comfortable cream satin pant and tank pj set she had packed when they first left for England, she crawled into bed and pulled out her letters. She couldn’t wait to see what Alissa got up to next.

                    Hey!

                    So I was thinking about how to write these letters, I mean let’s face it, I think of writing as a chore and even though the topic I’m writing on is one I enjoy, I don’t want to have to write out like ten years of passing info. In fact, I’m pretty eager to jump straight in to the good stuff and stick to that but I know how you always push for details, ugh, so I guess I’ll try to at least give you enough to follow the storyline here.

                    The day after Snuffles was finally up and about, it was starting to get colder and more humid and he decided that snow might not be long in coming. So without saying too much, he was out the door and gone almost all day. He must have been working crazy hard because when I heard him coming back, it was because he was half hollering spells up the side of the mountain. The dude had cut down like 20 trees I swear and was marching that lumber up the hill; walking backwards and waving his wand.

                    I can’t even tell you how funny that was to watch, Lyla and I just kind of stared for a while I bet we were both wondering if there wasn’t some easier way to get this done. Snuffles was the one with magic though so we just let him do it.

                 After he had everything piled in a smaller cave chamber somewhere to our right, he was gone again from view. When he finally came back, this time he was bringing in actual furniture pieces like chairs and a table and a dresser. You could tell they were made from fresh wood but they were actually quite nice, the man has some artistic talent! After that was all placed he got to re-doing the bed, the door and Lyla’s play area and bed.

                  He was sweating and his hair was all damped down over his face and neck. I could tell he was exhausted but he said there was one more thing he had to do. I asked if there was anything at all I could do to help and he insisted that it was a one person job mostly but that he was looking forward to eating dinner with Lyla and me at the new table when he got back. I took that as my cue and got to making up a big dinner from what we had, while he was away.