Chapter One

Lloyd was worried.

Just four hours ago, he had sent Cole to investigate a robbery right in the middle of Ninjago City.

The earth ninja hasn't been heard from since. Being the leader, Lloyd felt that anything bad that happened was his fault, and so this made him worry.

"Hey, Lloyd! You might wanna see this!" Kai shouted from the bridge.

As soon as the green ninja arrived, Kai hit him with the news.

"There's a mob in Ninjago City, a big one, with weapons as well. Cole might need help."

Lloyd decided him and Kai would go and help Cole control the mob, and told the others about this.

"Alright Kai, you ready?"

"As I'll ever be." (A/N Varian, my son, is that you?)

*****
When Lloyd and Kai arrived the mob of citizens seemed to revolve around a certain thing.

What it was, the two ninja could not see.

There were shouts of, "Kill him!" and "Die, traitor!" and "You betrayed our trust!"

Kai pushed throught the crowd making a road for him and Lloyd to walk through.

"Alright, what's going on h--" Kai was cut off as he saw what the mob had done.

On the floor was a whimpering and barely concious earth ninja, covered in cuts and bruises of all sizes. Cole panicked when Kai and Lloyd came over, but he was too weak to do anything other than murmur, "Please, no more."

Kai cradled Cole's head in his lap, "It's okay, buddy, we won't hurt you."

Lloyd gazed upon the crowd who had grown silent.

"What's going on? Why did this happen?" The green ninja was not requesting this, he was demanding.

The Ninjago mailman came out from the crowd with a BorgPad.

"He attacked us! He stole our stuff! And now apparently he came to investigate a robbery that he was a part of!"

Cole whimpered from where he was on the ground, "I... didn't do... anything..." Cole wheezed out. Each breath was like his lungs were on fire. It was when that guy shot him.

"Do you have video evidence?" Lloyd questioned.

The mailman just turned on his BorgPad and showed him a video. Lloyd watched with interest until he spotted something.

"Wait a minute, pause it there for a second."

On the screen was Cole in the middle of all the chaos with purple eyes.

Silently, Lloyd walked to where the earth and fire ninja were, and gently pried one of Cole's eyes open.

They were the normal colour.

He let the earth ninja's eye close again.

Lloyd realized that the Cole in the video was an oni, but he knew the citizens wouldn't listen. So he lied to them.

"Okay, we'll sort this out."

Lloyd helped Kai lift Cole up. They made it seem rough, but in reality they were being as gentle as possible.

Cole moaned in pain.

"Don't worry, Cole, we'll get you out of here." Lloyd whispered to him.

But both the green ninja and Kai froze as they heard a loud bang and a small scream of pain from Cole.