back to you

max x reader (well not really but sorta)

(the song up above gave me ideas plus i used to go through this feeling myself so this should be fUn)

flashback
"I'll love you forever and always." Max says looking at you with a smile and gives you a quick peck on the cheek.
You smile to yourself, knowing you are so lucky.
"I'll love you forever and always." You tell Max and give him a romantic kiss on the lips.
You both pull away and then smile like crazy at each other. Max pulls you into a hug.
end of flashback

You stare intently at your phone that's on instagram with a photo of max and the new "cheese."
You weren't jealous but you just couldn't stop thinking about it,
"He really moved on already"
"She is so pretty I wish them the best"
"But do I really?"
These thoughts popped one by one in your mind and you couldn't take it anymore. You throw your phone and sigh.
Suddenly, your best friend walks in a little abruptly.
"(Y/N) WHATEVER YOU DO DONT CHECK YOUR PHO-"
"I already saw it" you replied kind of frustrated because they came in too late.
"Crap" Your best friend says while walking to you.
"Are you okay? Do you need the breakup kit that I made you again?"
"No. I'm fine" you say trying not to let your friend see you about to cry.
"I know you're not, let's save time and tell me that you still miss him."
"I don't miss him."
"Then why are you being all sad and moping around again? I hate seeing you like this, it gets me sad too. It's like in Yandere simulator where when you kill enough people, the atmosphere is sad and everyone else is sad and senpai is sa— "
"If you say sad one more time I will never tell you my feelings ever again." You cut their rambling off before going insane
"NOOO okay okay fine I'll stop just please tell me how you are feeling."
"Okay well to be honest, it hurts. Yes I know it's been awhile but I don't care we were high school sweethearts he was my first kiss, first boyfriend, first love. But he left to go to Washington and he just dropped everything. Including me, just for Seattle. I've given myself time to not get so hurt by this anymore and I'm not gonna hate, I can't do that I'm not that bitter. But it's just because of all the crap him and I went through,
I cant forget him.
I mean it's so depressing, one glimpse of him and I practically collapse. What am I supposed to do? Why won't he leave me alone?"
"Honey," your friend starts
"He left you alone a longgg time ago, you just haven't yet."
You stayed silent letting your friend's words really sink in. The more it does the more you feel a freedom of some sort.
"Hey (best friend's name), thanks. I never really saw it that way,  just thank you so much."
"Anytime." Your friend says
"And I don't mean to be rude but I wanna be alone just for a little bit, I'll call you when I feel better." You say
"Yes of course, text me!! love youuu!
Your friend leaves.
You're by yourself, (play song above it sets the mood ö)
you think to yourself and realize that maybe it's time for a change, something fresh.
Getting out of Louisiana and starting a new -quest- you could say.
You think back to a song you heard earlier, and let one of the sentences on one the verses hit you.
"I'll stop asking questions, you take care."

You sigh to yourself,
"Time for a new start."
You whisper to yourself.