Hidden treasure

"Papa."

"Yes my child?"

"I watched a video about treasure disappearing and nobody can find them."

"Oh, that sounds very interesting. Did you learn anything?"

"Uh huh. Like how there are people called treasure hunters who are still around looking for the treasure. But I don't understand how they can look for something that's missing. When Momiji, Anko, mi-mi and I play pirates we have a map that leads us to the treasure. Do the treasure hunters have maps like ours, papa?"

"Hmm, not quite little one. You're map guarantees that you'll find the treasure, while theirs lead them to locations on where the treasure might be."

"Ohh..why's that? Wouldn't it be easier to have a map like mine?"

"Yes, it would be easier, but that's not how this situation works."

"..I'm confused."

"Heh, you'll understand once you are older."

"..ok."
______

Anko is making her rounds around the castle when she passes by the young miss's room. The door leading inside was wide open, which is alarming since it's usually closed, so Anko has a look inside and notices simmone staring none too kindly at the screen of a tablet. "Young miss, why the long face?"

"Daddy said something that really confused me."

"Really, like what?"

From start to finish Métis explains her situation to Anko.

"Ooh, I see."

"You do? Daddy said I'd get it when I'm older, but that's too long. I want to treasure hunt too! I'm really good at it. I've found tons of hidden treasure with my maps, so that's why I'm gonna find the missing treasure."

"Yes but young miss- wait where are you going?!"

"To find the treasure!"
_____

"Should we tell her?"

"She'll be crushed. Look how happy she is packing for her adventure, do we truly wish to ruin that?"

"No, but she's under the impression that finding these treasures are as simple as reading a piece of paper. Said paper that we created for the young misses amusement and planted those easy to find treasures."

"Well, there must be something we can do. I can't fathom the look of disappointment and failure to grace her features when she's normally so cheerful."

Silence falls upon the group as they continue to watch their lords offspring debate on bringing her super star shaped shake flashlight or a jump rope that lights up.

"..maybe whe don't have to tell the truth or lie."

"Huh?"

"what are you getting at Mo-Mo?"

"I have an idea, but we have to act fast before the miss sets off."

______