Seven

Just good business

Jade stared into the pale, dead eyes of the giant octopus. Her own figure was reflected in it. Her dark hair, the red dress, the green stone around her neck. The last time she had seen the Kraken it had been alive, taking the Black Pearl, along with Jack Sparrow down the depths with it. Now everything had changed. It was just a hollow shell of what it had been. Laying there on the sand, completely harmless. Birds decorating it. It was dead and Jack Sparrow was alive.

Pintel and Ragetti had begun pointing the flesh of the creature with a stick. "You big stupid fish" they barked, laughing.

"Disgrace the dead and their souls will haunt you", Jade told them. They looked at each other with big eyes before they both dropped the sticks and shuddered back.

"Don't listen to her", Turner said, as he viewed them with a concerned face. "The Kraken is dead and it won't come back."
Jade remained silent, as she wondered what reasons Turner had mistrust her. He had done since the day the Pearl went down. Jack wasn't exactly happy to see her again either. He had believed they were all in his head first. But soon he had realized they were real. He stilled ignored her. Pretended she wasn't there.

"Still thinking of running, Jack?", Barbossa asked. "You think you can outrun the world? You know the problem with being the last of everything is there is nothing left at all."

"Sometimes things comes back, mate", Jack answered. "we're living proof you and me"

"Aye, but that's never a guarantee of coming back, passing on that's death certain."

"Summering the Brethern Court then, is it?"

"That's our last hope, lad", Barbossa spoke.

"That's a sad commentary of its self" Jack said as he looked down.

"The world used to be a bigger place"

"The world's still the same, there's just less in it.", the captain of the Pearl began heading back to the boat. "Let's head back to the ship!", Jack said. Giving everyone an eye except Jade.

____________________________________

"Raise the sails!" Barbossa barked to the members of the crew.

"You're not the captain, you don't get to give commands", Jack quickly added while he cast annoyed glares at the elder man. "Raise the sails!" As Barbossa rolled his eyes, Jack emptied the last drops of the bottle he held.

"The rum. why is the rum always gone?"

"Because you drink it all" Jade answered Jack without any hope for response before she head down under deck to look for more.

The bottles rang in her hands as she carried them up the stairs. Suddenly shouting voices was heard from above. A ship had surrounded the Pearl. The flag danced in the wind, it was from Singapore. Jade recognised it. They were trapped.

"Oy, we've got company!", Rigetti shouted.

People start rushing over to the Pearl, soon both Jack and Barbossa had guns pointed at them. "He's the captain", Jack said, pointing at Barbossa, who rolled his eyes. Jade was taken as well, the crew of the ship from Singapore cheered as they captured the crew of the Pearl.

"Sao Feng, you showing up here is truly a remarkable coincidence", Barbossa began. 

"Jack Sparrow", Sao Feng spoke. Jack stepped forward from behind Barbossa, where he was hiding. "you gave me great insult once", the captain from Singapore continued.