cold

Nuha's POV

Tap tap tap. The sounds of my heels tapping on the hospital floor. The lights flickering and tension starts to build in. Adrenaline travels through my petite body as me and Claire speed walk towards the informed room.
" Lee Benjamin. Age, 26. Said to stabbed his parents without hesitation as clarified by his neighbour, Farid Ahmad. Neighbour stated that he heard screams and went into the house only to find two bodies on a puddle of blood. The police sent him to the hospital to see if he's mentally ill or just a fucking psycho hahahha." I glared at her . " em, They didnt find any wounds on him so he is said to be guilty right away Dr. "
" thank you Claire, room 34 you said ? " she nodded. We're here. Here it is. After so long finally , a murder case. I was tired of giving an operation to dead soulless bodies. They dont give me excitement anymore. Well, thats what you get for being a police doctor. What do i do ? I checkup on the murderers before they are questioned or judged. However, its been so long since i handled one. The police force treat us doctors like a joke. They didnt care about the criminal's state, even when they're not guilty. It was gruesome to see the kind of treatment these police officers who are ironically the nation's hero but , not only push but kick , slap and sometimes rape these criminals for fun. It made me question, who are the real villains in this world? Nevertheless, We were assigned to post mortems instead of actual murderers . They only make me sick. The smell and the lifeless faces, god . But, finally, i can actually check on a murderer. That is said to be guilty. My lips turned into a grin as i opened the steel doors of room 34.

Lee's POV

Heavy breathing. Loud screams were banging through my eardrums. Where am i ? I slowly opened my eyes. The blurry images that appear before me formed into a figure. A girl. She had long black hair but very stern eyes with luscious red lips. Her facial features were soft but her expressions were strong. She looked at me with crossed arms .
" he's awake Dr. ". My eyes shifted to the girl beside her. Who are they? I gained total consciousness and the memories just come flooding back to me. Blood pooling beneath me and dripping from my fingertips. The knife that i was holding was now in my mother's abdomen, stabbed into the deepest end. The next thing i knew , my head was hit and i fell onto the cold ground.

The dr checked up on me. My eyes, my heartbeat, my ears, my legs. I looked at her coat. Doctor Nuha. I kept my eyes as sharp as possible. I refuse to show any signs of weakness to anyone. Not anymore.
My hands and ankles were bounded behind me with cuffs. " no signs of bruising, get the X-ray and the MRI scan ready. The police needed reassurance on this guy, apparently the neighbour told the police he bumped his head recently in a dinner with him. Maybe it affected his overall nervous system. " the doctor stated while the other girl made a call to the appointed departments i suppose. Claire. That was her name. Short brown hair, mono-lidded eyes and small lips. She was so doll-like. " am i in an asylum? " i asked hesitantly. "No. Not yet at least, we have to check on your overall nervous system, to see if anything's damaged in that head of yours" she said coldly.
" i'm not guilty, think what you want but I.Am.Not.Guilty" the cuffs rattle as i try to struggle out of it. "They dont understand anything. The police" my body in was in anger. The cuffs rattle started to get louder but this girl looked so calm and composed. Like still water or a dandelion that is blown by the wind, but is strong enough to hold it's shape. "Im not the judge of that Mr. Lee, that will be the officer's job. I am here to check on you because the law asked me to. The police department will be making their decisions after the trial in which i am told you are ultimately guilty of this case. Your personal attitude towards them won't change it. " she stated with full of arrogance. " please help me, i didnt kill them on purpose, hear me out.. ". She was hesitant, i could tell but in her big black eyes of hers, i could see a little bit of empathy, a little bit of hope and a bit of...
Sadness. I wonder..
She looked at me. Right into my half opened brown eyes. " well, im doing my job as a doctor to accompany you and to take care of you . I also dont know the exact state of your mental health so, i'd say why not . "

" okay "