Chapter 1

It was the end of the summer and the start of freshman year at Hawkins High School. The gang had made it through thick and thin and somehow made it to one of the most important years of their lives. Will, Dustin, Mike and Lucas met up at the bike rack, just like they did back in Middle School. To them, this was just another year. Max showed up not long after with Billy and quickly joined the guys.

Max: Hey guys.

Lucas: Hey Max! How are you today?

Max: Fine.

     Lucas never got over his crush on Max. Ever since the snowball dance back in middle school, Max has somewhat kept a distance from Lucas. When they kissed that night, Max felt an odd feeling inside her. She didnt like it. She didnt want anything to do with any guys, no matter how attractive.

Dustin: Stop your flirting, Lucas.

Lucas:I-I wasnt flirting!

Will: It looked like you were.

Mike: Yeah Lucas, stop flirting.

Lucas: Hey Mike, hows Ele? I heard about your breakup.

Mike: You Son of a Bitch!

     Mike took a angered step forward before Will and Dustin stepped between the two of them. Mike and El had a year strong after the snowball dance until everything went downhill.

Dustin: Chill out guys! Stop! Calm the hell down.

Hopper: Hey you four, knock it off!

     They all stopped and looked at Chief Hopper who seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Mike: He started it!

Hopper: You arent little kids anymore. Grow up.

Mike: I'm going to class.

Will: I'll go with you, Mike.

     As Dustin, Lucas and Max watch Mike and Will go into the school, another voice caught them off guard.

El: Hi guys!

Dustin: Holy shit, Eleven. You scared me.

El: Sorry Dustin. Didnt mean to.

Dustin: Just give me a heads up next time, wont ya?

El: Whatever. Hey Max, hey Lucas.

Lucas: Hey.

     Max didnt respond. She looked at El as if she was made of gold. There was something about her that compelled Max. She felt an odd feeling inside her. One she's never felt before. It was like butterflies in her stomach but way stronger. Like an urge.

Lucas: Hey. Earth to Max. Come on. We are gonna be late.

Max: Yeah. I'm coming.

     They all walked off to class together, minus Mike and Will. The entire way, Max couldn't stop glancing over at El. The feeling was an urge, and she couldn't help it. She has to admit it. She was in love with a girl. And that girl was Eleven.