011

El's POV:

     Eleven saw black. It wasnt the void. It was just black. She heard distorted noises and voices and she layed there. She remembered hearing the sound of sirens getting closer, and the sound of the paramedics shouting orders at each other. The darkness scared El. She had never experienced such a thing before. It was a quiet, empty space. The thoughts of Max ran through her mind. Billy had her. And that thought haunted her in the darkness.

     Then came the pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dustin's POV:

     Dustin walked down the dimly lit street as the sun descended. He thought about Suzie and how much he missed talkig to her all the time. He pulled out his walkie and clicked to a channel.

Dustin: Suzie, do you copy? Its Dustin. You there?

     There was no response. Dustin felt depressed and lonely. Suddenly a sound broke the silence.

Voice: Max? Do you copy? This is a code red?

     Dustin listened to the conversation about Billy escaping. He sprinted across the road in into the forest. He ran through the trees towards Starcourt. The forest cast shadows around him, looking as if they were alive. But he didn't pay any attention to them. He had to make sure his friends were okay. He reached the backyard of someones house and ran out into the street. Looking around, he ran towards the end of the road, looking for the direction of the mall. Cars flew passed him as he ran down streets, fearing the worse due to the silence of the radio. They should've been home by now. Suddenly a loud bang rang out somewhere across the street. There were a few screams and other people walking down the road looked towards that directions. Dustin ran as fast as he could towards the cries and yells. He turned into an alley and was frozen in place. El layed in the middle of the alley, a pool of blood growing and seeping into the asphalt.

Dustin: Eleven! Holy shit. Someone help!

     Dustin rushed to her side. El layed unresponsive, blood oozing out of the gunshot wound in her stomach. A few people watched down the alley, looking at what had happened. Not long after, the sound of sirens echoed through the alleyway. The ambulance pulled up and the paramedics went right to work trying to stabilize Els vital signs. They lifted her into a stretcher and loaded her into the back of the ambulance. Dustin jumped in as the paramedic started an IV. The ambulance began to make it's way to the hospital. The paramedic began to bandage up the gunshot wound to Els chest. He did some other medic checks and clicked his radio on his shoulder.

Paramedic: Jane Doe with gunshot wound to the upper chest. Right lung collapsing. No exit wound. Prepare the OR for an emergency surgery, ETA 5 minutes.

Dustin: Is she going to be okay?

Paramedic: We can hope.

     Three minutes pass. Suddenly the machines begin beeping erratically. Then nothing. A steady tone of the machine. The paramedic jumps up and begins compressions of El. He clicks his radio.

Paramedic: Patient flatlining. Prep defib.

     The machines continued the steady tone as the paramedic pressed on Els chest. Dustin could only watch in horror. The ambulance pulled into the hospital and the doors flung open. The nurses and paramedics wasted no time to get El out of the ambulance and into the hospital. The monitors still toned. Dustin followed them as far as he could before someone stopped him.

Dustin: No. Please let me go with her.

Nurse: I'm sorry kid. You cant go any farther than here. I'm sorry.