Judgement

It was early June if Jonas could guess, judging by the weather and the passage of time that he had come to assume since the beginning of the shitshow of Tarkov. He clutched the pistol grip of his rifle with his right hand, index off the trigger, lifting his left hand and turning his wrist, studying the watch wrapped tightly around the fabric of his clothing. Small cracks and dust buildup clouding the clarity of the small machine, barely making out 1300. Jonas gave a soft sigh, peering up into the sky, a blue hue with light and gently edged clouds, making sure they left room to share with the atmosphere.

Jonas' left hand manoeuvred down to grip the hand-guard of his too expensive for its own good rifle tightly, his gloves fabric sticking to his dry palms due to static or otherwise. He gazed right to the unsaturated and uninteresting light yellow of the seemingly dorm-like building.

Walking forward at a medium pace, making careful to ghost walk in a sense, he travelled towards the entrance of the dorms, the door blown right off of its hinges as if someone had been here before. It was quite likely that someone had picked the place clean before he had even arrived, it was nearly impossible that someone hadn't in his eyes, a building like this was bound to hold some valuables. He turned the hugged the wall as he walked towards the now defunct doorframe, peering into the windows of the rooms as he passed. Most of the windows had rusted metal bars covering the outside, something that would qualify as protection long ago, but times have changed, now they only serve as an eerie set piece, featuring chipped paint and enough rust to put you in for 2 tetanus shots at least, it was a no brainer that a majority of the windows were shattered, small edges of glass clinging onto the oak edges of the frame, the remainder haven falling inward or outward, the majority coating the grass he was walking on now, his boots slowly stepping over, a dramatic and unpleasant cracking came every time he trod over them.

He reached the outline of the door, raising his rifle and curving his shoulder to the corner, turning out and raising his gun into the main hall, waving it around and checking every small corner he could see, a green laser bouncing off of everything he pointed the barrel of his rifle to. He stepped further into the room, quickly turning to his right and carefully scanning over the contents of a small locked office, only coming upon several small boxes, black in colour and formed of some professional material. The boxes definitely held some form of firearm, ammunition or otherwise, if only he could get into the office, to begin with...

He continued on as cautiously as he could, stepping around another small room, the hall travelling in both directions, the way to his right had a small wardrobe on his side of the hall. He stacked up onto the closet to check down the left hallway, a bunch of rooms sprawling on, some of them open, some not, a general trashy look and feel to the whole place as if someone had lived here without regard for the state of the place, and left in a hurry. He turned his shoulder and glared down the hall, the only difference being the lack of open rooms, and a fenced off area near the beginning that prevented him from entering, having a small hole that a key could fit into.

One light flickered in the hall as he slowly walked up the stairs, then turned his body backwards, making sure to watch the staircase above him in case someone appeared, knowing full well they wouldn't have as much of a drop on him if he played his cards just right. Jonas stepped up and cautiously checked the staircase upwards of him, then pushed forward. He checked both ways down the hall at an incredible speed, drumming his fingers on the side of his rifles hand-guard. He decided to check the highest floor before he did anything rash, repeating the process of the staircase as before, this time the third floor being the highest. He nearly tripped on a small gap in the floorboards, checking one way and then the other, it would be much more ideal if he were with another.

He decided the head down the left hallway, manoeuvring around a large wooden closet. Jonas closed the gap between the hall and the pillar in the centre of the small common area on the top floor, deviating from the rest of the hallway in the sense that it extended from the wall, making a small public space in a sense, he turned around the room, walking further down the hall. He decided to check a room, a lucky feeling driving him to do so. He reared up and lifting his foot, actively bringing it down on the centre of the door, sending it flying off its hinges as wood dust flew, gun raised as he rushed into the room.

He peered in... a complete ghost town. Jonas inspected the room, the only thing of interest was a large and expensive looking gaming computer under the desk. His stomach dropped as he noticed a small ring of light flying around the power button, a telltale sign that it was on...