Human Settlement on Nividar Part 4

Melody, David, and Kyle catch some fish for lunch in a pond before heading home.

    Kyle cleans and cooks the fish once they arrive at thier home. David finishes up the wagon while the fish is cooking over an open fire.

    Thier fish is delicious with some green beans and berries. Melody is impressed with the home David and Kyle have.

    The men decide they will move thier furniture and belongings in the wagon after they have completed a flower petal and stem dwelling on the new, safer land.

    The men walk over to the land where they will build the new dwelling after lunch. They gather the necessary building materials from giant flowers and pile them up. They get enough materials gathered and will begin building the dwelling tomorrow. The boys have set some traps to catch supper and there is a small furry animal in one for them to cook tonight.

    Kyle and David head back home to Melody with the dinner they caught. They cook it for supper and go to bed for the night once they arrive at home.

    Kyle, David, and Melody eat some berries for breakfast in the morning. Then the men head out to work on building the new dwelling. Melody wants to come with them this time, so they let her tag along.

    David decides to go hunting with his bow for lunch while Melody and Kyle work on the new dwelling. He has been following some footprints for quite a ways when he suddenly sees a Nividian. 

     Nockslay is going for a walk when they see an escaped pet human. They decide they must capture this human and return them to their owner. Their owner must be very worried about them.

    David sees the Nividian quickly approaching him, trying to capture him. He can't allow this to happen. He takes his bow and aims carefully, shooting an arrow at the approaching Nividian.

    David is a very good shot, and the arrow strikes Nockslay square in their right shoulder. It easily pierces their fur and sinks deep into their flesh.

    Nockslay's shoulder really hurts. They are shocked that an escaped pet could be this violent. This is a serious injury. Nockslay realizes it is too dangerous to keep approaching this escaped pet. 

    Nockslay didn't bring thier device along. They weren't expecting to see any humans. They just wanted to go for a nice walk. The human has run away, abandoning them. Nockslay hopes they will be able to make it back to town.

    Nockslay carefully tries to remove the arrow from their shoulder. It takes them awhile, but they eventually get the arrow out. Bluish purple blood flows out from the terrible wound. Nockslay quickly covers the injury with a flower petal to stem the bleeding. 

    Nockslay slowly makes thier way back to town in great pain. They have to stop to rest several times. They were unable to stop the bleeding and needed to change the flower petal several times. Nockslay is getting weak from losing so much blood.

    Nockslay doesn't make it all the way to town. They fall to the fuzz unconscious along the way.

    Nockslay wakes up later in the Hospital. Someone had found them and brought them here.

    The Doctor comes in and speaks to Nockslay, having been informed thier patient is awake. "Your surgery went well, Nockslay. I've repaired the damage caused by that primitive weapon you were struck with. You still had it with you. It looks like a human artifact."

    "It is a human artifact! I was attacked by a male human! He had a weapon which he fired this projectile at me with. He's very violent and dangerous. We must capture him immediately, before he hurts anyone else!" Nockslay says.