Chapter Four

Monday morning, I woke up fresh. No water malfunction and I actually got to Richards & Hensworth on time. Early by ten minutes to be exact. The receptionist who sat by the receptionist desk was different this time and thank God. I don’t think I can handle a perverted comment early in the morning. I took the elevator to the third floor where I met up with Mrs. Douglas first. Then she took me to the eighth floor where she said Mr. Richards’ office was.

“And here is your desk,” Mrs. Douglas, pointing her finger to an empty cubicle. It was in front of the glass office that was across from it. Guessing the office belongs to Mr. Richards himself.

Rather with too much enthusiasm, I ran to my new cubicle and sat on the spinning chair. Twirling round and round with a huge grin on my face.

“Ms. Bennett, I suggest you stop being such a child and settle in your cubicle,” Mrs. Douglas scolded me. I blushed, totally embarrassed by what she had just said. “Mr. Richards will be here in strictly twenty minutes and he will assign you to your first task.”

I nodded my head and unload my bag. Notebook, pen, folder. I organized my new cubicle as best as I could, trying to kill time, waiting for the arrival of Mark Richards. I had absolutely nothing to do since I didn’t even know what to do. The doors of the elevator to the eighth floor opened and a stream of men came in. Men in suits. They all came and didn’t notice I was sitting there quietly, observing them. When I cleared my throat, that’s when I caught their attention.

There were lots of men, coming through those heavenly elevator doors. They were all in suits! There were tall men, short men, Chinese men, skinny men, fat men, middle aged men, sexy men, cute ass men. I was literally in heaven! I thanked Saint Peter for opening the eighth floor gates for me.

I bit my lower lip, thinking if I actually have a story here right now. Dating guys in suits? How to have sex with your work mates? Just then Mark Richards, came through the crowd of men who were gaping at me. It was as if my boss was walking in slow motion. He had a briefcase in one hand and the other hand stuck deep inside his pocket.

My mouth watered as I look at him approaching. He was tall and well-built, his hair was neatly combed and the color of a chocolate mousse. The jaw formed on his face looked strong and his lips were … they’re to die for. How did I end up with this hunk as my boss?

I got it!

Steps To Seducing Your Boss

It’s a catchy title if I do say so myself. I would have to pat my back if I had an extra arm. It was the perfect title and it will be the perfect story for Cosmo. I can just picture the witch herself congratulating me and giving me big bucks for this story.

“Cece?” a deep, melodic voice interrupted my happy thoughts. Mark Richards had come to a full stop in front of me.

“Yes?” I replied. Stumbling on my own chair, I tried to stand up. “Good morning Mr. Richards.”

He gave me a pleasant smile. My thoughts started to wander again. I need to really try and stop day dreaming about my own boss. But how can I when he's so good-looking?

“Please, call me Mark,” he said, scratching the upper part of his forehead. “How are you this morning?”

I couldn’t stop looking at those luscious lips.

“Sizzling,” I replied. Mark raised an eyebrow. Shit! “I mean … dazzling sir!”

Mark cocked his head to one side.

“Are you sure you’re feeling … dazzling?” he asked. I nodded my head. “Well alright. Here’s the phone list I need you to look over. Some of these calls I will not take, some calls you need to put on hold and some you need to connect it straight away to me. The important one that you need to get through to me as soon as possible is only my mother.”

He handed me two sheets of paper from his briefcase and I take a good look at it. How sweet. Not many men care about his own mother. Let alone, she would probably be the blacklisted phone number in one’s office. I know I would probably blacklist my mom and not even give her the phone number of my office.

“Then here’s the hand gestures you need to learn so I don’t need to bother calling you or ask you from the phone,” Mark continued to talk. He gave me another sheet of paper. “You’ll learn how to link me right away, put a call on hold or just simple hand gestures of what I need you to do with some of the calls. You think you got all that.”

I gave him a faint smile.

“Definitely,” I answered.

“Good. If you need help with anything you can come ask me,” he stated, closing his briefcase and walking towards his own office. I watched after him. That tight ass he has just thrown me away completely. He was stunning. His own behind was more stunning than his face, I have to admit that.

So for the next half the day, I learned the hand gestures from the sheet of paper Mark gave me. Throughout the day my work was just getting to know the phone that sat by my desk. I had to return calls, hold the calls and put some through for Mark. I’ve noticed Mark watched me as I go about my work. He would be on the phone talking but his eyes were like a hawk. I was stressed out under his scorching gaze. By lunchtime, he accompanied me by going to the canteen. I ordered a massive double cheeseburger and an orange juice. I was surprised to see him eat nothing but a potato salad and a bottle of water. No wonder his body was well-built. He was eating healthy. I felt ashamed to have ordered the delicious double cheeseburger.

“Is that all you’re going to eat?” I asked him, pointing to his tray of potato salad.

“Yeah, I eat salad practically everyday,” he said casually. I love a man who knows his veggies. “It varies some days, depends on what salad the canteen provides.”

He sat with me for a while, watching me eat heartily. A smile played on those faded rose pink lips of his.

“I’ll be heading off then,” he took his tray as he stood up. “I’ll have this eaten upstairs to do some work. Makes my use of time very efficient.”

With that he left me and strolled off. I shrugged my shoulders and focused once more to the delicious double cheeseburger. Mark Richards certainly has no idea what he’s missing every lunch time here.