Chapter 1 - Who's Better?

~Hanabi's P.O.V~

Hoo! Another training with this shadow guy that doesn't know defeat, almost everyday seeing him wearing his signature looks that 'smug' look always pisses me off, does he always thinks he's the best?, We'll see now.

*Some, fights happened*

'Pshhht'

'clinggg'

'Shunggg'

*The fight ends and hanabi loses*

Knocked out. I am always getting stunned by hayabusa and I hated it, I don't know what's wrong with me and why I can't beat him, I am distracted right now, I don't know why I am feeling this unfamiliar feeling, this feeling that occur when the first time I saw him.

"Hanabi, nice match, your skills are improving, I'm impressed" hayabusa says going towards my direction, and despite the fact that he has a mask that is covering the half of his face, I can still feel the look that he is giving me, I know that behind that mask is a smirking lips, I can tell the way his eyes are playfully a tease to me.

I just strike an eye to him that causes him to laugh and hold onto his stomach, he can't stop laughing, that I also got carried away on his laugh, and so I laughed too, but soon as I've realized the action that I have done when he seriously looks at me in the eyes, truth is I never smiled or laugh when it comes to him that is because I am always pissed off of him.

I quickly broke the silence by Caughing.

"well one day haya, I will took that smug look off of your face" I said and he just nodded at it.

"well then, fix yourself up and let's go home" he said seriously and just walked away.

After fixing myself, I quickly got out only to see hayabusa leaning on a wall, his eyes gazing up on the moon above, and something unfamiliar envelopes my heart by just looking at him

Haya suddenly looked towards my direction, well he must have felt my presence.

"Oh your done, I see, let's go" he said out of the blue, I just made my way towards his direction and we walk there in silence, it feels like he wanted to say something to me because I've noticed him taking some glances at me but never said anything, and damn that's kinda creepy.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The two of us were walking in silence when suddenly We feel like something is stalking us, haya pulls me close beside him before he pulls out for his sword and I also did the same as I quickly hold onto my weapon in a defensive position.

"someone's stalking us, I can feel it's strong presence, stay back hanabi" haya says stepping closer to me.

"What!?, Hey I am not a kid I can take care of myself!" I said too loudly defensive which causes him to look at me directly in the eyes, for some reason It felt like my world stops when I saw his intense gaze, those bloody red eyes shining In this dangerous moments and.... Wait what? and that's when It clicked to me that we're in danger right now and that causes me to get back into my senses.

"fine, but make sure that you will be close to me whatever it is" haya said and I didn't even had the time to retort because In the blink of an eye I'm facing his back again, and add the fact that he's the only person that can command at me.

We stayed in pre-attacking position and remained attentive while waiting for an attack to come.

What we expect has happen when a 5 pieces of sharp kunai were continuesly thrown to hayabusa, thankfully he is in a high alert and he quickly collect the knives that is thrown at him, hmmm, his good indeed, but it made me wonder why was the kunai only thrown at him but not me?.

I attentively look at our sorrounding when I've saw a shadow moving towards our direction I hurriedly positioned myself to defend and attack the shadow when hayabusa quickly run towards the shadow that was about to attack us and he immediately killed the shadow with his sword and speed.

We saw another two shadows standing a little bit far away from us, I take a glance at haya  and he also looks at me, then we nod in common knowing what the two shadows were up to.

I take the shadow on the left while haya takes the other one in the right, and there we have a little battle in the middle of the night, I have to say this ninjas were impressive too, they're not just an ordinary ninja.

"Hanabi !!!" I just finished killing the ninja when I heard Hayabusa called my name, I quickly look back at him and his opponents direction, and is surprised when he is already inches away from me, what the-!?? It is the moment of when I realized that another ninja has arrived and was about to kill me if it wasn't for Haya I would've been killed.

In a blink of an eye I saw haya carrying me, though it was fast It felt like a slow motion to me, I look up and see his serious face when he suddenly pulls my head to his chest, I groaned as we land on the ground the impact is a bit hard and strong too I opened my eyes to see hayabusa lying below me, his exquisite eyes is closed while his eyebrows were furrowed because of the pain, and his enticing lips were a little bit opened also because of the pain and hard impact that he is feeling right now

Crazy him! Why would he do that?haya he took the stronger impact just to lessen the impact on me? I quickly stand realizing how awkward our position is.

I helped hayabusa to stand when I completely got up, and now it looks like those ninjas were done with us  just for today but I'm sure they'll come back.

we have continued to walk home with a silence flowing around us.

"Well then, I got to go, this is my house so, umm, goodnight and ahh.. t-take care, bye" Why the hell did I stumble in my own words! and now I can see the confuse looks that haya has, his eyes tells me so, though I have a feeling that he knew why I stumbled in my words, he must be thinking that it's because of our improper position earlier when we fell.

"yeah, you too Hanabi, goodnight, and take care too" hayabusa replied, and with that he waited for me till I completely got inside my house, before he leaves, hoooo!, It's been a long day, And a lot of unexpected things had happened. What about tomorrow morning?, Are we still going to be like this awkward?, I hope not.