Bianca's Not Dead????? (Prologue)

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Bianca's life was perfect... until a plane went down in the Arizona desert.

BEGINNING NOTES

Word Count: 2690
Content Warning: Violent Imagery (mild)

Welcome to "Bianca is a super underrated character and dagnabbit she won't die in another fic if I can help it!" I'm Melody Rose, you might've seen "The Coming of Nico di Angelo" and "The Ghosts of Millennia" popping up in your tag results... those are mine as well. (And you should read them and comment am I whoring myself out enough?)

If you did read those other fics, you'll notice I'm not putting ratings up there anymore. That's because none of the content warnings are enough to warrant any rating but the one you see in the tags, so it's not worth it. And general warning for cursing for every single chapter. I don't want to keep writing that one up top either.

And all the characters are owned by Rick Riordan.

Credits at the end.

Are we recording? Testing, testing, one two three... Nico! We're recording? Cool.

Hi, I'm Bianca di Angelo. You probably knew that. *nervous laugh* I'm sorry, I'm really not used to... this. Ironically.

I guess I'll start from the beginning, then.

My parents are Hades and Maria di Angelo. Yes, that Maria di Angelo, the world-famous singer. The "Barbra Streisand of Italy." That's how my parents met if you didn't already know--Papà's studio, D.O.A. Recording Studios, bought out Mamma's original label in Italy.

D.O.A. totally stands for "Dead on Arrival!" Papà's the guy from the Greek myths! He's an immortal reptilian Illuminati-

Thank yooooou, Nico. Now, kindly shut the fuck up.

Persephoneeee, Bianca's cursing at me agaaaaain!

You know, I can get one of Papà's guys to run the audio equipment! ... There. That's a good boy.

Right, so, back to Italy. Papà met Mamma because she was Bellissimi Studi di Canto's headliner. I like to think it was love at first sight. Nico--my carlo fratello who decided to butt in earlier--and I grew up in this beautiful penthouse in Venezia. I remember it was right over the water, not too far from Piazza San Marco. Tourists would come and go all the time, but I didn't mind much.

We traveled a lot, too. Whenever Mamma toured, we went right along with her, across Europe, Asia, and, of course, the United States. Papà was usually with us too, but obviously he had to take business trips to L.A. all the time. Mamma didn't seem to mind. She always said their love was--quote--"a dance of sad goodbyes and joyful reunions." Besides, Papà never stayed away for very long.

Everything changed in 2013. We were on our way to L.A., flying over the Arizona desert when the plane went down. I remember I was playing Mario Kart on my 3DS when the plane started shaking. I thought it was turbulence, so I kept playing my game. It's amazing how well I can tune things out sometimes. I just remember Mamma grabbing me, then everything went black.

*Deep breaths, as though Bianca's about to cry*

You want me to take over? ... She's nodding, folks.

I was ten at the time, so I don't remember as much as Bianca. I grabbed a snack--nice thing about private jets--and then everything started shaking. I fell to the ground and busted my knee. Someone--I don't know who--picked me up and helped me sit back down. That's when the lights turned off. I was so scared, I was... yeah, I was crying. Mamma was trying to get Bianca's attention.