"Petritis" and the Gift

"Wow," Y/N said once she saw him. "I never thought for a second you would relax in basketball shorts."

"I kind of thought this would be a good idea since we're supposed to have company tonight," Levi said with a chuckle. "Not to mention these things are comfortable."

"I already ordered dinner for tonight, the drinks are in the cooler over there in the corner, and I have board games and karaoke ready," she smiled as she rattled off everything.

"Karaoke? Really?" Levi questioned. "Do you really want to make your ears bleed that badly? Because you know they're gonna, I guarantee it."

On a tinkling laugh, Y/N responded, "Oh, come now. You can't be that bad."

"Not me," Levi said wearing a frown. "Erwin and Gunther. Mike can sound decent if he wants to, Eld can carry a tune pretty well, and I'm not too bad if I know the song. Never heard Hanji though."

Y/N giggled. "She's not bad most of the time, but when she gets comfortable, she jokes around. She'll fuck up a song just to make people laugh, but usually it just annoys the shit out of you."

"Yup. That's Hanji's M.O. alright."Levi chuckled. "You know, I'm actually surprised she hasn't tried messing with us yet."

Y/N winced. "You've said it and now it will happen. I can guarantee you she'll start as soon as she gets here."

And, as if someone turned on a magnet to attract the others, there was a knock on the door that sounded like the theme to The Lone Ranger. Y/N rolled her eyes and huffed loudly before getting up to go open it. Even though it was sometimes a huge pain in the ass, having the retractable door knobs on all of the outward facing sides of the doors was one of the greatest things she could have ever bought for security.

She opened the door to see the whole group standing there in pajama pants and t-shirts. She laughed when she noticed that Mike's pajama pants had spots of a giraffe on them while his t-shirt featured leaves of a tree with two giraffe heads poking through.

"Come in, guys and head on down tothe viewing room. I'm going to pay for the stuff and I'll be rightdown," she said as she noticed that the food was being deliveredright behind them.

When everyone got down to the viewing room, Levi had spread a thick blanket over a few of the sections of the couch like a picnic blanket. They also noticed the cooler where they stopped to grab their drinks, a wicker basket filled with napkins and silverware, and a medium sized gray box in front of the television.

"Could I get a little help, please?!" Y/N hollered from the other room. Because he hadn't sat down yet, Eld went running up the stairs to the rescue. Soon, the two descended the stairs, laughing while carrying boxes. Eld kept sticking his face of the box and inhaling deeply.

"Great! I'm turning into Mike!" he exclaimed.

Y/N laughed. "No you're not. You're smelling food, not me. You're normal, Eld, so fear not."

Carefully Y/N handed the box she had to Levi so he could place it on the blanket. Eld did the same and took his place on the couch.

"Ok guys, since I didn't feel like cooking and you're all here with the premise of being sick," Y/N said with a grin, "I went ahead and ordered chicken, potatoes, mac and cheese, and corn. It's close enough to chicken soup in my opinion, so dig in."

"But don't just eat chicken, guys,"Hanji added excitedly. "Its better to have a little of everything."

Gunther, now with a mouth full of mac and cheese, asked, "You, Y/N? What's that gray box? I've been trying to figure it out myself, but I'm sort of drawing a blank."