Chapter 22

Time flew by swiftly, and before they knew it, class 1-A was on a bus, driving to Takoba, where they'd be taking the provisional license exam. Y/n sat at the back of the bus, on the opposite side of Bakugou. People didn't seem to notice the tension between the two of them, but y/n didn't care.

"Get off. We're here." Aizawa ordered as soon as the bus parked in front of their destination. "This is one of the exam areas, the national stadium in Takoba." Everyone exited off the bus, adrenaline kicking in as they grew closer to the building.

"Ugh. I'm getting nervous..." Jirou huffed.

"Man, what'll they have us do for the test? I hope I can earn a provisional-" Mineta was cut off as Aizawa stepped in front of him, leaning down.

"There is no 'I hope'. Return back here with your provisional." The teacher almost seemed like he was pleading.

"Oh! R-Right!"

"Remember, if you can just pass this exam and obtain your provisional license, then you will cease to be mere eggs and hatch into chicks...Into semi-pros. So give it your all." The class erupted into cheers as soon as Aizawa finished, attracting attention from students from other schools.

"Say it with me! Plus..." Kirishima started,

"Ultra!!!" but he was cut off as a student ran towards their group, finishing the motto before him.

"You shouldn't go crashing the circles of outsiders without invitation, Inasa-kun." Another student, presumably from the same school as 'Inasa', chastised, her braided silver hair swinging as she approached the group.

"Ah! You're right!" Inasa gasped. "Please accept my sincerest apologies!" The man placed his arms to his sides before bowing deeply, crashing his forehead into the ground, surprising most of class 1-A.

"What's up with this guy?" Kaminari sweatdropped.

"He's like Iida and Kirishima squared...!" Sero added.

"Wait! Those uniforms!"

"Is it really them?"

"The power school of the west!" Multiple students from different schools could be heard muttering amongst themselves.

"The east's got Yuuei, and the west's got Shiketsu." Bakugou grunted.

"Of the many departments of heroics in all the high schools out there, the one rival school that poses an obstacle for Yuuei...Shiketsu Academy!" Inasa pulled his face off from the ground, a large, intense smile on his face. "I've always wanted to say it at least once! 'Plus Ultra!!' I love Yuuei Academy!! It's such a pleasure! The highest honor! To be able to compete against Yuuei!"

"Oh! You're bleeding!" The silver haired girl gasped, her head uplifted slightly, her nose twitching as it inhaled the copper scent of blood. She then turned her head, her nose catching something else. Making a beeline towards y/n, the girl sniffed at his collar, smiling softly. "You smell nice..." Y/n didn't say anything, only furrowing his brows as he noticed her foggy eyes.

"C'mon Naomi! Let's go!" One of her classmates called out, their group beginning to walk towards the stadium to get ready for the exam.

"Right! Coming!" The girl reached into her backpack, taking out a small candy, smiling sweetly and giving it to y/n before running to catch up with her class.

"Um..." Y/n stood there awkwardly, not really knowing how to respond to what just happened.

"Oh~! Eita! I think she likes you~!" Kaminari cooed teasingly, only to receive a candy to the face.