#4: I

The temperature has dropped. It's getting colder. Small puffs of air visible with every breath Chaeyoung huffs. She hugs her jacket closer and sets off roaming the streets. Everything is golden and shining, illuminating from the bright sunlight. There is nobody around, except Chaeyoung to mesmerize at this heavenly view. 

The road eventually takes a left turn, bringing her to a huge building

The road eventually takes a left turn, bringing her to a huge building. It's a school. Plucking up her courage, Chaeyoung walks to the metal gate and gives it a slight push. Surprisingly, it's unlocked so she goes in with total ease, humming to herself in glee and a sense of achievement. She's feeling rebellious. It feels like once upon a time, when she is free and truly happy.

"Yes, I'm doing this for you, Mina. Please tell me you're here," Chaeyoung mutters to the eerie silence of the school. 

The day is over

The day is over. No signs of life. Neither students nor teachers. She strolls along the corridors, passing every empty classroom in slow motion, trying to catch her voice she believes to be lurking around somewhere between the tables and chairs. But to no avail. Defeated, she comes to a halt at the end of the corridor, three stories above the ground. An amazing view of the old parts of the town welcomes her eyes, but they remain stoic, as she has seen a more breathtaking sight than this. 

It's a person. An angel.

Just then, something glimmers from below, catching her eyes. It's coming from the basketball court. Without further ado, she sprints across the hallway, slowly coming to a jog upon reaching the bleachers. With a pang, once again she's attacked by dejavu. This time, it doesn't hurt as much as it was back in the coffee shop. 

Rubbing at her temples, she sees the same couple, huddling together at the middle of the court, making out in their own little happy bubble

Rubbing at her temples, she sees the same couple, huddling together at the middle of the court, making out in their own little happy bubble. Sitting on the lap of the smaller girl, Mina's arms wraps around Chaeyoung's neck, Chaeyoung's around Mina's tiny waist and they're kissing each other to cloud nine. There's nobody around, fueling the couple's brave attempt. Chaeyoung grins at the thought of someone walking in on them, possibly screaming public indecency but she doesn't care. She only has eyes for the girl on top of her. 

Chaeyoung pulls away from their kiss, proceed to let her lips trail Mina's neck up and down, marking her girlfriend with soft nibbles, the tip of her nose tickling her skin. Mina takes the chance to lick and gently graze Chaeyoung's ear lobe, whispering sweet nothings into her ear, igniting a fire within her body. Chaeyoung's hands travel dangerously around Mina's thighs, eliciting soft moans from her puckered lips upon each of her provocative touch. Hopelessly turned on, Mina presses her body closer to Chaeyoung and the latter cradles her in her arms. They never want to let go. They never get enough of each other. Only them can make the other feel this way. So in love. Every kiss feels like paradise, their haggard breaths intertwine, and Chaeyoung remembers everything feels so right.

They were young and rebellious. Their love was all that mattered.

Gasping, Chaeyoung opens her eyes to the empty court. The couple disappears. Yet Chaeyoung can still taste Mina between her now dried lips. It feels so real. She doesn't want to wake up from this beautiful dream. Her body tingles, craving for Mina, but she isn't here and she doesn't know why. So she lays down at the middle of the court and imagine Mina is here. Perhaps, hopefully Mina will be able to find her in this deserted school. Is that too much to ask for?

 Is that too much to ask for?

This goes on for a while. Chaeyoung loses count of the hours she has spent. Waiting and hoping, like a desperate man.

She sits up to the sun setting down at a faraway hill. Her heart turns cold from disappointment. The strong icy breeze isn't helping her case. Thus, she drags her feet away from the school, leaving behind her youth in return with that newly attained memory she now holds dear. 

to be continued.....