ii.

People always wonder how to tackle a story like Sense8, including myself, so I would like to share some of my advice on how to write a story about this amazing show. This is partly a reply to annedekker99 and partly a call out to anyone out there who wants to write about Sense8, but has some doubts regarding how to make the story not only readable, but believable.

1. RESEARCH! The thing about Sense8 is that the show in itself is extremely inclusive, representing different cultures and different sexual orientations. Google is very helpful, yes, but it might be a good idea to reach out to your Wattpad community! We come from all around the world, and I'm pretty sure people would be more than happy to help out with any doubts Google is iffy about solving. Researching involves searching for information in all available places, and Wattpad is a pretty good place to find that information as well.

2. DOUBLE CHECK! Sometimes our sources might not be the most accurate, so it helps to double check everything. If you read a Wikipedia article about the Indian culture, for example, see the sources people used to write the article and, if you have the time, read those too! The knowledge you have can make or break the credibility of your story.

3. VISUAL CONTEXT HELPS! Something I found that helps me personally with writing characters that differ from me or people I know is to watch a lot of content regarding the type of experience I'm trying to write about. YouTube is a good place to start, as there are a lot of different people in there you can watch, but if you want to dive deeper I would advise to search for already existing characters with the type of background you want to emulate and see a couple of episodes of the TV series they're in, or a best of scenes in their movies. Visualizing what you want to put to paper is always a great jumpstart to your creativity!

4. YOUR CHARACTERS ARE REAL PEOPLE! I know they're not as real as you or me, but they are still real people.  A believable character is never one note, just a shoe-in for a single purpose and out with them you go. Think about the Old Man of Hoy, for example. He was barely there storyline wise, but you could see he was a real person, and there were layers to his character. Think of your characters as real people, with qualities and flaws, with family, friends and foes, with a real personality. Character sheets help a lot with character development, even if it's a minor character.

For now, this is all the advice I can give, but this can be an ever growing list! If you want to share any of your tips to write a Sense8 story, spin-off or otherwise, don't be afraid to comment below so I can add your advice to this chapter!

I really hope this was helpful :)

-Nina