The Plan

Lucas:
Lucas stroked Max's hair as they, along with Dustin and Will, sat comfortably on the sofa to share warmth. They were waiting for Eleven to come in; to hear what she had called them away from home to.
It wasn't but two minutes since Max came in that El finally followed; and she made quite the entrance too.
Everyone jumped when the door slammed, shaking the entire cabin with it's force. They turned their attention to the table when the light over it flickered on.
"Mike is not well," El announced, pointedly staying the obvious. "He may get worse if we don't help."
Will piped up almost immediately.
"El, I don't mean to upset you or anything, but how exactly? He's in a coma, he's asleep. We can't help him."
On the coffee table in front of them, a single magazine floated into the air, then sailed across the room into the wall where it crumbled to the floor with a loud crinkle.
"You forget." The girl replied coolly.
"Yes, but you can move things with your mind, am I correct? And see things... Even if you could get into his mind.... to see what's going on, you can't help him! El, you're not doctor.... if they can't figure it out, why would you be able to?"
"I'm going to try... on my own."
"Why did you need us here then?" Lucas demanded. "Why call us away if you knew what you needed to do?"
"You want to know about him?" El asked. "You want to help him?"
"Yes, but-"
"Then stay. Help me figure it out. I did it with Mama... I can do it with him."
"Do what?"
"Mama showed me things when I contacted her.... Mike can too. I'll do it tomorrow... I just thought you should know.... and I need help with other small things."
Everyone on the couch exchanged a worried look. It was silent until Will spoke.
"I'll help you, Eleven. Mike is my best friend, I don't know where I'd be without him. Whatever you need to do to help him, do it. Make sure he gets better."
Dustin stood up. "I'll help as well."
Lucas and Max spoke up at the same time, which was surprising since Max didn't seem like one to be in for this. "I'll help."
Lucas quieted down, but Max continued.
"You two may have been completely mean to me for all the time I've been in the party.... but, if saving Mike is what I need to get on your good sides.... then, so be it."
Over in the corner, El's eyebrow lifted slightly and she nodded her head.
As the evening faded to night, the five discussed their plan.

Dustin:
The next morning after the discussion at the cabin, Dustin had to practically beg his mother to take him to the hospital to see Mike since he hadn't seen Mike since the day he passed out (and wanted to help execute El's plan). After countless complaints and whining, Ms.Henderson finally gave in.
The plan was to get everybody away from Mike's room for at least an hour, so El could get into his mind and communicate with him.
Dustin still didn't exactly see the path that El was taking, as her plan sounded quite ridiculous, but when it came to the supernatural girl, he'd learned not to question.
"So, Dusty," his mother initiated the conversation as they drove along. "Did you hear anything about what Mike's condition is yet? Did your friends contact you?"
"Um..." Dustin thought for a minute. Should I tell her I snuck out last night? Should I lie?
After weighing his option in mind, he sighed in defeat.
"No," he lied. "I've heard just about as much as they have. He's in a coma, they don't know why."
"A coma! Woah, that's some serious business! Do you know anything else?"
Dustin shook his head. "That's all Lucas told me."
"Oh, poor Mike," Ms. Henderson whispered. "He's such a nice boy! And, oh poor Karen! I can't even begin to imagine what she going through!"
"Yeah," Dustin agreed with a nod. "Can't imagine."
The car ride was mostly silent after that. No words were exchanged between him and his mother. The only thing she said was goodbye to him when they reached the hospital.
As she drove away, Dustin took a deep breath and headed inside.