Chapter 17

Recap:

"Ro?!" the barista yelled. "Oh, that's mine!" I guess the guy wasn't done, because he didn't hand me my coffee yet. "Ro, Will you go out with me? -Jo. Peppermint Mocha." "Umm.. Thanks," I said, taking my coffee and heading back to the table.

When I sat down, Josh looked at me with hope in his eyes. "So, what do you say? Will you go out with me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, Josh," I managed to get out. My breath was taken away. This is so sweet and I miss him a lot, but what about Jack. And it would be in all the magazines and gossip shows and everyone will find out. I moved here to get away from that life...

"This is so sweet of you and I'm flattered. If you had asked me back when we used to work together I would've said 'yes' in a heart beat, but now..." I trailed off and sighed. "Now, I don't have feelings for you like that. I'm sorry." He looked at me and I could see the disappointment fill his eyes and leave just as quick; being replaced with a look of understanding.

He smiled at me and nodded. "So, friends?" A big smile appears on my face as I nod. "Friends."

After that we chatted for another hour and a half before I looked down at my phone seeing 1:00PM on the screen. "Josh, do you want to go to my place? I promised Kim I'd go shopping with her today after lunch. And the guys will all be hanging out at my house until we get back. You could get to know the guys better?" I said, in hopes he'll agree. If not, then I always have my back up plan.

He shook his head replying, "No thanks. They don't seem to like me very much." "But that's because they haven't gotten to know you." He looked like he was on the fence about it, but was leaning more towards 'no'. Time to pull out my secret weapon.

"S'il vous plaît? Pour moi?" I asked, with my slight french accent. And to top it all off, I pulled my perfect, never failing, puppy dog face. "Ugh! Fine! But you have to keep your phone on so I can call you if anything goes wrong." "Deal!" I smiled brightly as we got up to throw away our empty cups. We put on our shades and headed back to my place.

*At Rosie's house*

"Bonjour! Je suis de retour!" I yelled as soon as we walked through the door. "Yay! Rosie's back!" I heard Kim yell from the theater room as, what sounds like a herd of elephants, comes thundering upstairs.I turned around to hang up my jacket and right after I did, I was tackled onto the rug by the gang. "Guys! Get off of me!" I yelled through my laughter and everyone else's.

After everyone had gotten up and the laughter died down, everyone noticed I hadn't come home alone. "What's he doing here?" Jack asked, not sounding to happy. "I'm leaving now." Josh started for the door, but not before I could grab his arm. "No, your not." I dragged him back to the living room with everyone. "Okay. So, I'm aware that most of you don't like Josh very much. Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais vous avez tous besoin pour se en sortir parce que ce est probablement stupide quoi qui ce soit!"

"Um... Translation?" Kim asked. "She said, 'I don't know what it is, but you all need to get over it because it's probably stupid whatever it is'," Josh translated. Jack threw a glare at Josh after he translated what I had said. "Look, Kim and I are going shopping for the afternoon. And Josh is going to hang out here with you guys. I want you guys to get along and get to know each other. And Josh better still be alive when we get back. D'accord? D'accord."

 All the boys nodded their heads before I replied with a "good". With that, Kim and I quickly ran upstairs to get changed (outfit on side).

A few minutes later we came back downstairs with the boys no where in sight. "I'm going to find the boys real quick to tell them we're leaving," I said turning to Kim before going off to find them. As I was walking past the game room I heard a bunch of yelling. I quickly went in, worried about what may be happening, only to find all five boys in front of the TV playing COD. I laughed a little to myself as I crossed my arms and leaned against the door frame. "Guys!" I yelled, succeeding in getting all their attention. "Kim and I are heading out. Have fun. We'll be back in a few hours. Oh, and please don't destroy my house." They all nodded before I turned around and headed back towards where Kim was waiting for me. "All set?" She asked me. "All set."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*A few hours later*

Kim and I walked into the house, both with about 6-7 bags in each hand. I closed the door and dropped all my bags on the floor. 'I'll just take them up to my room later' I told myself. Then I noticed it was unusually quiet. I went to go check in the game room to see if the boys were still in there.

When I was in front of the door, as I reached out for the doorknob, I noticed the door was slightly ajar. Also, I could hear hushed voices. I tried listening to what they were saying but after a minute or two I finally gave up and knocked lightly on the door before going in. "Hey guys," I said smiling. I got a bunch of 'hey's in reply.

"Well, I should probably be heading out. It was fun hanging out with you guys. We'll have to hang out again," Josh said, standing up. Each of the guys gave Josh a bro-hug. After they all said their byes Josh looked at Jack before he left and said something that confused me.

"Good luck, man. And don't worry. It'll all find a way of working out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So, what do you all think so far? Please leave a comment! I haven't gotten any comments and I'd love to get some feedback and suggestions from you guys!