<> 7 <>

Annie

Daniel leans back and smiles, showing off his white teeth. "Oh, I will fuck you, but not until your punishment is over."

I sigh. "Really? Can't we skip that?"

"Nope. I'm looking forward to it."

"Well I'm not," I snap, frowning. "Tell me the truth, are you a sadist?" I lower my voice as I shoot the accusation across the table with narrowed eyes.

He paused in thought for a moment before answering. "Yes. Sometimes I am." He says thoughtfully. "I certainly can't lie when I say that I enjoyed spanking your pretty little ass... and you enjoyed it too."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Sometimes," I seethe, "it can be hot in bed, but what you did wasn't enjoyable. It hurt."

"Good. Then I have succeeded."

I want to change the subject but I can't help myself. I have so many questions and he seems to be in a good enough mood for me to ask. He seems to understand that because he leans forward and stares into my eyes with a seriousness that I readily see in him.

"Ask away, Little American. I can see those wheels turning in your head again. I think it's best we get to know each other."

I'm about to ask my first question when a devious smile forms on his lips and his eyes darken.

"What? What are you thinking?"

He licks his lips and rest his hands under his chin as he leans on the table in front of me.

"I have a little game. Would you like to hear about it?"

"Probably not," I deadpan. "But let's hear it."

He smiles widely and is clearly amused by my answer. "You can ask me as many questions as you like but for every question I answer, you need to answer one of mine."

The way he is smiling tells me that there is more to this little 'game' of his. You'd think I'd know better than to enter into a game concocted up by Daniel, but I guess I don't.

"That can't be it. What's the catch?"

"For every question of mine that you refuse or wait too long to answer, you get one strike of my belt when we return to the palace. Shall we play?" There's a devious sparkle in his eye that makes me want to run for the hills and never look back but I am intrigued. And I need the money. So I stay.

"What happens to you if you refuse to answer?"

He shakes his head. "That won't happen so there is no need to worry about it."

"Humor me."

He pauses in thought again. "Okay. For every question I do not answer, I will subtract one strike from the ten you already have coming."

My eyes widen. Ten? "Ten? I thought I was at zero?"

He shakes his head again. "Nope. Ten for your previous infractions and that's generous. I am only being this merciful with that number because I know I will have to add on to it."

"How? You can't possibly know that. It's up to me."

He purses his lips and tilts his head. "True. Just call it a hunch then."

"This game doesn't sound very fair," I frown. "I'm not sure I want to play."

"You must've learned by now that nothing in this arrangement of ours is ever fair for you...And that's what makes it so fun, because you don't have a choice." He laughs like it's the funniest thing he's ever heard and I shiver. It seems like I just made a deal with the devil. "Now, shall I start or do you wish to ask me a question, Little American?"