But then came Trouble

At six forty eight in the evening, a teenage boy with messy blond hair and blue eyes walked up to the gate of a normal looking two story white clapboard house. He looked like he had been in a bad fight, his cheek was swollen, there were cuts and bruises all over his face and body, the most prominent injury being his crooked nose, black framed glasses somewhat askew and having a bit of a time staying on his face. His clothes were covered in his own blood, dirty and torn, his white shirt and part of his green jacket ruined. The sound of the door opening reached the ears of the other resident of the home, Roxas glancing away from his game for a second to look at his brother, focusing back on the video game before his attention got taken away entirely to focus on the other blond, jaw dropping and eyes widening when he registers the state he is in.

"Ventus?! What the hell happened to you?! You look like shit!"

Ventus snorted, immediately regretting it when his nose throbbed. "You don't wanna know the things I had to do Rox," he said, voice sounding off as he wiped some of the drying, yet thick red blood off his face before pushing his glasses up, the optical enhancers somehow unharmed, "any food left for me?"

Roxas pursed his lips, setting his game controller down and getting up from the brown leather couch, "chicken, but it's cold now since you've been gone for so long." He narrowed his eyes, "Ven, tell me what set Vanitas off this time. Why the hell are you black and blue?" He asked fiercely, grabbing the elder's jaw and looking his face over in worry.

Ven rolled his eyes, shaking his head, "I was walking home alone when him and his gang came walking up to me...."

***

"Well, if it isn't the Bubble Boy!" Vanitas sneered, standing ahead of a kid with long hair pulled into a pony tail on his right, Xigbar and his cousin Xaldin on Vanitas' left. Ven sighed and slowly turned around, "what'cha doing by yourself Venny~?"

It was common knowledge, at least to most, that Ven was the safety kid. His parents had raised him to be cautious of everything, use hand sanitizer for everything, things like that. Because of this, Ventus was called "The Bubble Boy" by a lot of his peers, because if he could, he would be having a bubble around him and protecting him from all dangers.

That was most people however, there was another side of Ven not even his brother knew about.

Ven took a step back, "I don't want trouble..."

"You got trouble pretty boy," Vanitas growled, gold eyes almost flashing as he stepped forward, "I seen you get that A in math today, think you're so smart don't you ya' fuckin' faggot?"

Ven shook his head, "that the best you got?"

Van snorted, march over while his two lackies smirked behind him, "I got some more for you weakling..." He grinned cruelly, "I'm gonna beat your face in so bad, your own family won't be able to recognize you!"

Ven's eyes widened, his heart started pumping in his ears, his chest screaming from the exertion. His breath froze in his lungs. At first, he was terrified, his mind racing before the adrenaline kicked in and he narrowed his eyes, bringing up his hands.

"I'm ready for a fight...make it a good one Vani," he replied.

Van grinned wide and ran at him, Ven squared his shoulders with his chest exposed and ready for it. Vanitas swung around with a left hook and broke his nose, knocking Ven off his feet before the trio of bullies ganged up on him and started kicking him. Ven hid his face in his hands, both to protect his head and to hide the grin twitching at his mouth.

"You like this don't ya'!?" Vanitas snarled, getting on his knees and continuing to punch him, "scream! Cry! I know you want to fucker! Do it Ventus!"