12:46AM

12:46AM

You've ignored going North, South, and East because you chose Wes. I applaud you for your good sense of direction. Unfortunately I'm still trying to determine which way is up, so i'm busy being poetically hipster at the moment. Or in short, thanks for calling, but I'm not at home, so if it's a matter of life and death please leave me a message after the beep. If not, well, scram and skedaddle.”

BEEEEEEEEEEEP.

“...Wesley Hart, you are the biggest jack-ass on the face of this entire, miserable, planet, and I swear, I will -”

Click.

Well hello to you too, Gilbert.”

“...”

“I know you're there, Gil. It's rude to pretend otherwise, jeez, didn't your mother teach you any manners?”

“...”

“You know how in horror movies, hearing deep breathing over the phone is seriously really creepy? Well, yeah, I'm pretty sure I've confirmed how creepy that is now.”

“...you're creepy.”

“Sure, insult me by throwing my insult to you back at me. Real mature, Gil.”

“...damn it I don't believe I'm doing this. I'm not ready for this.”

“So are you calling to apologize or are you just gonna talk to yourself like I'm not here?”

“Just shut up for a minute Wes, I'm trying to think here.”

“Next time, think before you call, why don't you.”

“Look, I didn't exactly volunteer to do this like freaking Katniss okay.”

“Saying sorry is so not the Hunger Games, Gil.”

“Yeah, because it's so much worse.”

“I can't believe Gilbert Johnson's actually going to freaking apologize. We should make a movie out of this.”

“You know what, I'm officially crazy.”

For what, wanting to apologize?"

“That, amongst other things.”

“It's not so hard, you know. Apologizing.”

“It's not really the apologizing itself that's hard. It's having to apologize to you.”

“I'll try not to take offense at that statement.”

“Well try harder because I can hear the sarcasm from waaaaaaaaaaay over here. Haha, my voice sounded weird just then. Waaaaaaaaay. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-”

“Are you a freaking twelve year old, we are so not doing this.”

“Come on Wes, try it with me. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy.”

“You sound like my grandma when she reads stories with ambulance sounds on them to my little sister.”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.”

“Are you drunk right now? You most probably are, actually. Why didn't I consider that before.”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.”

“Gil, get some sleep.”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.”

“Are you drunk or high? Did you just actually drink without me? And get high without me? Didn't we say we'd either never try it at all or try it together?”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.”

Tone down a little, you're killing me with how loud your voice is.”

“THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT I'M TRYING TO DROWN YOU OUT. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.”

“You know what, you shouldn't have called if you're going to be a child about this, you dick.”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.”

“...”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.”

“...”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy... Wes?”

“...”

“...Wes?”

“...”

“...It's rude to pretend you're not there you know.”

“...”

“...unless you're not really pretending...”

“...”

“Wes, please. This isn't funny anymore."

"...well then stop being an ass."

"I'll stop."

"So why'd you call at...12:50 in the morning."

"I didn't want to okay, I just had to." 

"Well if you're so against it then don't do it again."

"I won't."

"You'll probably call like a few minutes later. And for the rest of this nigh-slash-morning, never mind that you actually have school tomorrow, because it's not like you go anymore right?"

"...Have you been stalking me? And don't be mad, it's not like I don't try to sleep and go to school, it's just...hard."

"Go to sleep, Gil. Seriously."

"I'll try."

"Call if you need anything."

"Always. Good morning, Wes."

"Good morning, Gil."

"Wes?"

"Yeah?"

"'msorry." 

"Yeah."