Wake-Up Call

Hi Sunshines.

So that's the tale of Wesley and Gilbert.

Just in case you didn't get it, the story chapters aren't arranged in chronological order, as you can see from the time stamps as the chapter titles. But, if you read them in chronological order again, starting from 12:05AM all the way to the “A week later” as the last, you'll see the order of events as they happened. And the reason why it isn't arranged in chronological order, is because Gil himself doesn't remember it in chronological order.

And that's what he meant, about life being this big gigantic picture of captured moments, that if we chose to see things that way, it's one of the ways we can pick ourselves back up after something devastating has happened. If we view everything as this chronological happy-to-sad, it will always hurt twice as much, just like how you'll hurt for Wes and Gil if you read everything in chronological order (my heart hurt, I swear). But if you see things in pieces, like how Gil remembers those mini-conversations with Gil in pieces, they'll seem sweet, though sometimes bittersweet. And that's how we pick up the pieces of ourselves. Slowly, one at a time, with thought of waking up to a beautiful picture.

I'm not sure if I did this whole idea justice. I've had this on my mind for a while now, but I'm not so sure if I pulled it off at all, but I hope I was able to tell you a little bit about the things we wake up to. Some of your situations could be just like Gil, or maybe harder, or maybe easier, but the point is, we always, always have something to wake up for. We wake up for all these others bits and pieces in our bigger life picture. We don't have to wake up to the movie reel of sadness and hurt.

It's a choice we make.

It's not easy, but it's a choice we make that changes lives, not just our own, but those around us as well.

I'm sorry if I broke some of your hearts for this story, but know that there are people out there who have gone through similar experiences, or even worse, and they need people like you and me to remind them of what they wake up for.

Let's face it, life can be pretty crappy. But the thing is, we can remind each other what we wake up for. Remind your friends about what they wake up for. Remind your family. Be kind to them, love them, spend time with them...

before it's too late.

I guess this is my anti-bullying and suicide awareness campaign. My little Wake Up call to tell you guys how important this is. These things should never, ever be treated as a joke. As I said before, people never deserve to feel like they're alone, that no one loves them and cares for them. Some people may never ever show it, but they're hurting inside, and you could be the one to make their day a bit better.

Or yet, be the one to save a life.

So if you're up for it, here's a little challenge:

I want you to give your parents a hug. I want you to tell them you love them, and appreciate them.

I want you to kiss your siblings on the cheek, and tell them they're special.

I want you to text or call or instant message your friends, and tell them they're the best thing that has ever happened in your life, and you love them because they're beautiful inside and out (yes, even the guy friends).

Then I want you to hug yourself. Just put your arms around yourself. And then I want you to read this out loud:

“You're lovely. You're beautiful. You're amazing. And you're more than good enough.”

And I want you to do all of those things above right now.

Because if you want the people around you to keep waking up, sunshine, you have to give them something to wake up for. And then, you'll see that they will be the reason you will wake up.

I love you.

You're amazing.

And you're one of the reasons I wake up in the morning. 

Much love, 

Chloe. 

P.S. I'm sorry about the cursing and the vices, in no way do I encourage them at all. It's just that I wanted you to see how sad it is, when people break down and are desperate, that hopefully, you'll make sure that never happens to anyone around you. 

P.P.S. It would be awesome if you could spread this message/story around, because like I said, this is sort of my campaign thing. It wouldn't hurt to let everyone know that we should give people reasons to wake up everyday. :) Every vote + comment + reading list add spreads it around, so it would be much appreciated it you could! :)

P.P.P.S Good morning <3