Tywin/Reader

"Oh, (Y/N), isn't it stunning here?"

"It's lovely."

Being a Tyrell was easy. All the women really ever did was look pretty and lounge on things. At least, that was the experience so far for Margaery and her sister (Y/N).

Sure, Margaery had been wed to Renly Baratheon, but he never spent time with her anyways; he had more than enough friends to keep him company. So Margaery simply waited, letting her handmaidens do her hair and fix her dresses, until he died. Once he did she found a new aspiration.

She wanted to be The Queen.

So she headed out to King's Landing with (Y/N) in tow. They weren't sure how long their stay would be at first, but after a couple days Margaery at least found an answer to that question. She'd be staying forever, as queen of Westeros. She had convinced Joffrey to marry her. She always was an ambitious girl.

So she and (Y/N) walked through the gardens of King's Landing, looking around at what was all to be Margaery's. She smiled sweetly as she pointed out trees and flowers that she found especially beautiful.

"Do you like it here, (Y/N)?" (Y/N) nodded.

"I'm so happy for you, Margaery. You're going to be amazing." She squeezed Margaery's hand and gave her a smile.

"I'm sorry." Margaery frowned. "I wish it were you marrying Joffrey."

"No you don't," (Y/N) responded quickly. They stared at each other for a moment, until dissolving into laughter. "I know you too well," (Y/N) said with a smile. "You want to be queen with all your heart."

"Yes, you're right." Margaery composed herself when a couple lords passed by. "I do hope you'll stay in King's Landing with me."

"We'll see. Your future mother seems to dislike me passionately. I've overheard her calling me a Highgarden whore." She had to hold back a laugh, and Margaery laughed as well. Neither of them particularly liked Cersei Lannister. (Y/N) looked out at the vast garden before her. It was pretty, sure, but it felt somehow artificial. "So you - "

(Y/N) shut her mouth when she noticed a tall, older man approaching her and Margaery. Even from a distance, she could see the golden pin on his shirt. It was Tywin Lannister, the hand of the king.

Margaery smiled and murmured to her sister, "I've never spoken with the man. I hope he likes me."

He stopped before the two of them. They both curtseyed, looking up and meeting his gaze before rising. "It's a pleasure to meet you, my lord," (Y/N) said with a smile.

"You as well." He looked to Margaery. "Congratulations, my lady."

"Thank you. I'm very excited to help King Joffrey in any way I can." Tywin just nodded.

"And you, Lady (Y/N)." She glanced up at his eyes. She hadn't expected him to acknowledge her much. "How have you enjoyed King's Landing?"

"It's different," she said, looking out at the rows of flowers. "It's very peaceful out here."

"What, and it's not in the castle?"

(Y/N) smiled. "Well... The court has been rather hectic lately, I've noticed."

"A bit of an understatement." Tywin nodded. "Yes, it's refreshing to leave all that behind, if only briefly."

"Absolutely." She was surprised by how easy it was to talk to Tywin. "So when do you think the royal wedding will take place?"

"Soon enough. We still need to get all the funds in order." Tywin looked to Margaery with a little smirk. "Your betrothed is quite intent on having a very extravagant wedding."

Game of Thrones One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara