Chapter One: Starbucks

A/N:  Hey, guys!  This is my first fanfic, so if it's horrible, I'm so sorry!  I'm writing this with my best friend, Kascie.  I'm writing, and she's reading it and fangirling over it.  Also, big shoutout to Adele for making me think of this title.  You rock.

Scott's POV

As we walk to Starbucks, which is a daily adventure for us, I feel his hand brush against mine.  God, I wish I could hold his hand.  I wish I could be his.  But we're friends.  Just friends.  But his deep brown eyes are mesmerizing.  His perfectly parted dark mocha hair is absolutely stunning, even when he wakes up in the morning and it's all messed up.  His lovely angelic voice is captivating.  His adorable laugh is contagious.  Everything about him is perfection.  Well, all except for one thing.  He isn't mine.  Being in love with someone that doesn't feel the same way is the worst feeling.  He doesn't know how I feel, but I know how I feel.  I love him.  I love Mitch.

We walk into Starbucks, not seeing the normal cashier.  Instead there's a boy with light brown hair and piercing green eyes.

"Hi, what can I get ya?"

We tell him our orders, and we continue to talk to him, since it appears we are the only customers here.  

"So, are you new here?" Mitch asks the cashier.

"Is it that obvious?" the cashier asks, looking down, embarrassed.

"Oh, no!  Of course not!  I've just never seen you here before.  I'm a regular."

"Well, I better keep my job so I can keep seeing that gorgeous face of yours around here." he says, smirking.  Mitch looks down, blushing.

They call out our orders.  As we walk out, Mitch looks down at his cup.  There's a phone number... and a name.

Travis.