Chapter Seven

Niall's POV

Harry came back alone, dissapointment written across his face.

"What happened?" I asked, my heart pumping. If he made things worse, if he ruined my relationship...

Ruined it more than it probably already was, anyway.

"Well I talked to her," he replied.

"And..." I prompted.

"And," Jessie's voice said "he said some pretty sweet things."

I went to run up to where she was standing in the doorway, but she held up her hand in the universal stop sign.

"Jessie I-"

"Save it," she interuptted. "Do you remember how we met, Niall?"

I nodded while the others stood there, confused. They never got the story of how we met.

"I'll tell them the story," she said, leaning against the door frame and flicking a curl out of her face. "It was a few months ago, at my first ever performance onstage at some park in Dublin. There were only, like, fifty people attending. Niall, you were walking past the park and saw me performing. You entered the park and came to the front of the crowed to get a closer look. That's when I decided to do a little retarded dance move or something, I'm still not sure what I was trying to do, and fell off of the stage, and onto you."

I laughed, remembering how I had looked into her green eyes and she instantly had me wrapped around her finger.

"We hung out at Nandos afterwards. Do you remember what we were talking about? I do. Lying. And I told you I had never lied to someone."

I picked up where she left off, my voice low. She was going to break up with me now, I just know it. Shit, what was I going to do without her? "I remember exactly what you said Jessie. 'I have never lied to someone. I have my secrets, like everyone else. But I have never lied. I don't believe in it. And if someone I trusted lied to me, I would never trust them again.' But Jessie I-"

"I said save it, Niall." She walked slowly towards me, five seconds between each step. "I'm glad you remembered what I said. And you see Niall, you lied to me. You didn't even stretch the truth or keep a little secret. You downright lied to me." She stopped right in front of me, so close I had to look down to meet her eyes. And for once, she didn't look intimidating or angry. She didn't look like she could explode at any second. She looked hurt. And I was the reason she looked that way.

I had messed up big time.

"But I forgive you. I still trust you. And it's because I love you. I love you more than a fat kid loves cake. I love you like I love Jade, but in a completly different way because that would be awkward if I loved her like I love you." She smiled and put her arms around my neck. Bringing her lips so close to mine I would only have to lean in half a centimeter to kiss her she said "But if you ever, ever, lie to me again, I swear to Cookie Monster I will find something horrible to do to you. Like, eat all your Nandos or something."

I slammed my lips against hers and she smiled against my lips. Pulling away I whispered "I love you, Jessie."

"Who doesn't?" she giggled "now come here." and kissed me again. I picked her up and spun her around, her legs wrapped around my waist.

"Uhm, guys. As much as I hate to break this up, cause it's really cute, we have to get going. I actually...uh I have an appointment in about half an hour and I want all of you guys to be there." Zayn broke in.

I put Jessie down but held firmly onto her hand. I wasn't going to let her go, not this time. Not ever.

Jessie's POV

Six people in a crowded doctor's office.

Shocking as this may sound to you, but it's not exactly my idea of a good time. Call me crazy.

We had dropped Anna back off at home, none of us thought Jamie would be home any time soon, with promises of checking up on her and the twins later, and made our way over to the doctor's office. We made it just on time for Zayn's appointment. Granted, we were still in our wedding clothes, but still.

Win some lose some.

"Well Mr. Malik, I'm afraid we have some bad news for you." the Doctor said, coming back into the room from which he had left five minutes ago.

Zayn squeezed Harry's hand and we all gathered up behind him. We all wanted to be there for Zayn when he got the news.

"The cancer has spread to other parts of your body. You only have fours months to live...and there is nothing we can do. I'm sorry."

Harry gasped and collapsed, fainted right on the floor. Tears filled everyone's eyes except for Zayn, who just stared straight ahead.

"I think I'm going to be sick," he muttered.

I dove for the trash can at the passed out Harry's head and got it to Zayn just in time before he threw up.

Now I am usually a strong person, I don't go down without a fight. And I can kick some major ass. But at this very moment in time and space, everything was blurry. And I didn't feel so well.

And that was when I fainted onto the floor, and into some of Zayn's sick.

Lovely.