Chapter Ten

There are a lot of people here. The street the graveyard is on is filled with fans, and the only reason they aren't in the yard itseld is because we got guards. Who needs guards at their best friend's funeral. Us, apparently.

I stand by the podium as the pastor gives his sermon/speech thingy.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, as God said, referring to Adam. He says that all men must die eventually. And sadly, Zayn's time was last week. The person...people," he corrects himself "chose to give speeches honouring him are Jessie Richards and Harry Styles. Harry, please some up first."

Harry, who stands next to me, nods and takes the pastors place at the podium. Tears fall freely from his eyes and his voice is shaky.

"Zayn was so much more than my boyfriend," he says "he was my best friend. He made me realize that I couldn't hide who I am any longer. I couldn't deny my feelings and couldn't pretend to be something I'm not. He loved me at my darkest and he always thought of his friends before himself. Did you know that he kept his illness a secret because he knew that it would ruin Louis' and Jade's wedding?" He's sobbing and I run up next to him, putting one arm around his shoulder. "I can't do this," he whispers shakily. I nod my understanding.

"Go back to your seat." in the week since Zayn's death, Harry and I had grown practically inseperable. And I couldn't stand to see him hurting like this. He got up and made his way back to his seat next to Louis and Jade.

Looks like it's my turn. I didn't really prepare something because I couldn't get the words right. So I decided that I would wing it and hope for the best.

"I had a death wish once. I thought my life was bad and that it couldn't get any worse. I thought that nobody would love me, like nobdoy would care if I disspaeared. I know now that that is certainly not true, but seeing Zayn like that brought all of those memories back. Zayn was so young, his entire life was ahead of him. Life is so short, and you don't know when it's going to end. Zayn only lived nineteen years, but in those years, look at how much he accomplished. He lived his life to the fullest. Granted, half of it was spent in front of a mirror admiring himself," weak chuckles from the crowd "Zayn was amazing and he spent his time here the best he could. He made girls feel special, made them feel beautiful, and made wonderful music. We love you Zayn, where ever you are. We will never forget you."

People clap, people even scream. Tears run down everyone's faces, even mine. I return to my seat on the right of NIall as the pastor finishes up. But really, there's no point. Nothing trumps that speech.

Winging it: One

Writing it: Zero

As we're leaving, niall says to me "What you said was beautiful."

I grasp his hand in mine. "What I said was the truth."

The funeral!</3 omg blegh my speech sucked, but I just needed to write it and get it out of the way. That speech wasn't planned. I wrote it as I went. So yeah.

Vote, comment, fan. Love you<3