Chapter 2: An Odd Invitation

You took the letter back inside, and sat on the sofa in the living room. You could hear some sort of morning talk show on, but that didn't matter right now. You took your finger, and opened the envelope, revealing a hand-written note inside. You removed it from the envelope, unfolding it, and looking to it for a moment, giving it a read.

'[Y/N] Stein,

            I am deeply saddened to hear of the passing of your grandfather, Henry Stein. After hearing about it through the newspaper, and doing a bit of searching, I decided to invite you, his beloved grandson, to the studio. There's some things I'd like you to see, and some old possessions of his that I'd feel wrong holding on to any longer.         -Joey Drew'

Joey Drew? He was inviting you to the old studio? Well, it wasn't a far drive, but it had been abandoned for some time after the company had gone under. You thought on it for a moment or two, before deciding that you really didn't have anything to lose. You went back to the kitchen, picked your coffee back up, and decided that you'd just hit a drive-thru on the way for breakfast. 

Good idea, you thought. Just grab something quick and easy, go through the studio, pick up whatever Joey had for you, maybe take some photos for your own reasons, and then head back home, have a sandwich for lunch, and just relax. Simple. Easy. Clean. Nothing you had to worry about! 

You polished off your coffee, washed your mug, and set it to dry, and knew that it was time to head out. You grabbed your car keys, put on a nice jacket, and walked out to your car. You sat right in the driver's seat, and within a few moments, you were off. 

The drive wasn't that much, and surely-enough, you stopped at a local drive-thru place for a quick breakfast.

It was awful. It was overcooked, and not even spiced properly, but it was food, and it was cheap, so you'd deal with it. 

You drove off in the direction of Joey Drew Studios, listening to the radio as you went along, and before long, you were there! You pulled up in front of the old studio, finding the gate open. Huh. You walked to the old, wooden front door, and twisted the knob.. It unlocked without an issue. Odd. You'd expect an abandoned studio to be locked. You figured Joey had unlocked it for you..

You called out into the studio. "Hello? M-Mister Drew?" 

There was no response..