Part 1: You Will Be Found

The story takes place in Alaska btw, just some made up town called San Feta (anagram of Santa Fe bc I'm Newsies trash)

The Story Begins:
The front door clunked as Steven closed it gently. It was his second time home alone. It was the beginning of Spring Break and his mom was on a work trip for an entire four months. 'The first time's always the hardest.' he assured himself.
He grabbed a lemonade and a granola bar and flipped on the TV. All he could find were a couple news channels talking about the aliens. "Good thing they're catching them so they can't hurt us," droned the announcer flatly.
"Ugh, it's all about those stupid aliens now isn't it?" Steven groaned and fell back on the couch.
Suddenly, he heard a bump and a crash coming from downstairs in the basement.
"Oh shit." he muttered.
'Please don't be an axe murderer, please don't be an axe murderer.' he pleaded in his mind as he grabbed his old baseball bat from the closet.
He crept down the stairs to the basement and unlocked the door. Down another, smaller flight of stairs and finally the basement. Well, another door, but this one was unlocked. He slowly opened the door to reveal...
The basement as normal.
*Well, except the shadow in the cor-* he thought *fuck.*
His heart dropped in his stomach. "Hello?" he called out quietly. To his surprise, there came a muffled reply.
"Hello there." said a quiet voice from the corner.
It sounded like if a moth were a human. Like it wanted talk to him but at the same time didn't. It wasn't high pitched though. It was rich {yeet, it's our resident arson bean}, like chocolate or cane sugar.
"W-Who are y-you and what d-do you want f-from me?" Steven stammered, gripping the baseball bat.
"I-I no, p-please d-d-don't hurt m-me..." sobbed the figure, a boy about his age, curled up in the corner crying.
"Oh." Steven gasped. "H-Hey, how about you just c-calm down. I'm not g-gonna hurt you. You're okay." He dropped the baseball bat and kicked it away, then held out a hand for the boy to pull himself up. The boy flinched at first but hesitantly, like he wasn't sure why Steven was helping him (Steven wasn't sure either), took his hand.
As the boy stood up Steven noticed his torn jumpsuit, with a couple of entire scraps of fabric missing and several parts were sewn back up or covered loosely by patchy rags.
"What happened to your clothes?" Steven asked, bewildered. 'What, or who, would ever do that to a kid?' he thought inwardly.
"Oh, uh, this... W-well, these s-soldiers were chasing m-me and when they c-caught me I h-had to fight them." the boy replied.
"Wait, did you say soldiers were chasing you? Why? Wait, are you a criminal?" Steven panicked. He shouldn't have let his guard down—
"NO." said the boy quietly. He lifted his hands, which Steven now realized were gloved. He slowly pulled a glove off one of his hands and Steven stared in amazement. The boy's hand was a mixture of yellow and green. Suddenly, Steven realized what this meant.
"You're an alien!" he yelled, and scrambled backwards, falling onto a pile of boxes.
"Get away from me!" he protested as the boy came closer. He flinched, clearly hurt by Steven's words, and fell on his knees and began to cry again.
Steven felt a flood of emotions roar through him. {*boos* cliche!} He didn't know what to do.
"Hey, um, n-no, wait. I-I'm sorry. You're obviously n-not evil or, uh- anything..." Steven trailed off. He got down on his knees so he could be eye level with the alien- boy- whatever. "I- um, h-how about y-you just wait h-here for a second? I-I swear I'm n-not going to hurt you." Steven stuttered in shock. He got up, eyes still fixed on... "Hey, what's y-your name?" he asked.
"H-Hadeno. But y-you c-can call me Haden." Haden replied nervously. This strange boy was being oddly nice to him.
"Nice t-to meet you Haden." smiled Steven. "I'll be back in a sec."

~•~•~
Yeet, I finished it. Tell me what you think, vote and comment please. I love reading and replying to comments.
Big thanks to soulasdarkasmidnight and Percabethnotperachel for being some of the first people to read my work and inspiring me to continue writing. I know it's cheesy but I'm not sure I'd be writing this without them.
Bai Nuggets!
~~Geeky~~