Living The Bunker Life - Part 2

A whole three months went by pretty fast. Everyone in the bunkers were getting use to their surroundings, this was what they needed to get use to for the next seven years. Ellie was just getting to know Jacob now and she was seeing a lot of potential in their relationship. Jacob was on her back about having a baby, trying almost every day. He had told her that he'd rather spend seven years fathering his own child, then watching others be parents.

Seeing Ellie work with the children was another reason why Jacob chose her to mother his children. She was great with the kids in the bunker, always having activities ready and teaching them things they'd miss out learning in school. Ellie had become some sort of teacher in this bunker and all the parents couldn't have been anymore grateful for her help. The children even took a liking to her, they'd become more like her children as well and she loved spending time with them.

Now that another month went by, things were only starting to change for Ellie. She had found out she was pregnant two months ago, she was closing into twelve weeks and to the safety mark of her pregnancy. She was getting tired very quick, her morning sickness was not only in the mornings anymore and she hadn't been looking after the children for two weeks now. Jacob ordered her to stay in their bedroom and not to go out until they both knew that things with the pregnancy were 100% spot on. He couldn't risk her getting sick and causing problems for the baby when they were so close to the 12 week safety mark.

Jacob was lucky though, much to his surprise Ellie did exactly what he ordered her to do. He'd check up on her every hour or two and found her either asleep in bed or watching movies in the bedroom. What Jacob really loved about Ellie though, was that she never disobeyed him and it only made him wish that his people were the same. Ellie wasn't only a bright light to the families and people in this bunker, she was the bright light to his life and he couldn't help but grow feelings for this girl. Some people questioned him about how quick he took things with Ellie, without getting to know her first but Jacob didn't care. He wasn't going to spend seven years in this bunker, trying to get to know Ellie.

Jacob wasn't also going to spend all that time doing the whole relationship thing the right way. There was no time for going on first dates or any dates for that matter. For Jacob, all he wanted was to walk out of this bunker in seven years with his children and wife. For the time being Ellie was going to stay as his girlfriend, that was something he was going to think about when it got closer to walking out of here. Ellie didn't mind either, she was just as happy to stay as his girlfriend.

-

"Jacob. Jacob. Guess what?" Ellie ran into his bunker office. "Firstly, calm down, you're going to upset the baby. Secondly, what?" Jacob asked as he and his men looked at an excited Ellie. "Doctor said that our 12 weeks are up and we can finally get excited about having a baby" Ellie clapped her hands. Jacob stood up and approached her, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "So baby's doing well?" He asked. "Yep. Heart beat was strong and he or she looked healthy" Ellie explained. "That's awesome news" Jacob smiled and placed his hand on her stomach, "so I'm officially going to be a father huh?". "Yep and I'm going to be a mother. I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet our precious little angel" Ellie said and placed her hand on top of Jacob's.

"Ok back to bed now" Jacob ordered. "Actually I wanted to go and see the children and their families today. Please" Ellie begged. "Fine but don't stay on your feet too long. Last thing I need you bugging me about is swollen feet" Jacob said as he walked back to his desk and took a seat, "now of you go. I've got a lot of work to do". "Ok bye" Ellie smiled and walked out of his office.

-

"So Jacob Seed is going to be a father? That's awesome news. I couldn't be happier for you and him" Ellie's best friend, Laura said. "Thank you. We are both so excited and can't wait to meet him or her" Ellie responded back. "Now the real task is finding a name so that it could be ready for when the baby is born. Do you have any yet?" Laura asked. "Not quite. I think it's best if Jacob and I come up with the name. I don't want to leave him out of anything that has to do with the baby" Ellie replied and started thinking of names. "Probably a good idea. Last thing you want is Jacob on your back about doing things without his knowledge" Ellie nodded at Laura. "Oh crap, I better get going. See you later Laura" Ellie said and rushed out of the cafeteria.