Kanto Region: The First Day

(So, up at the top is of course me and two of my favorite Pokémon ever, drawn by a very good friend of mine :3. This will be my Pokémon uniform that I will have on throughout my adventure so yeah, I do hope you enjoy :3)

Today is the first day of my official Pokémon journey! I am currently tying my shoe laces before grabbing a Charmander plush that I have had since I was a child. "This is it, this is the day that I become a true Pokémon Trainer, and no one is going to stop me-"

A loud womanly voice can be heard coming from downstairs. "Cierra!!! Get down here now before you're late getting your first Pokémon!"

"Ah! R-right, comin' momma!" I quickly lace up my shoe laces before putting on my sleeveless jacket and bag. Then rush down the stairs in a panic, almost falling down about three times before I grab a small granola bar to eat on the way to Professor Oaks' Lab.

But my mom stops me by grabbing my hand and hugs me tightly as she kisses me on the forehead. "Be careful please, I know you begged me to let you become a trainer like your father and I still want you to be one but.....Just know, you will always have a home here and to call me whenever you can."

I nodded and kissed her on the cheek before backing up towards the door as I waved goodbye. "Don't worry mom, I'll make you proud! And you'll see me on TV, the world's greatest Pokémon Master!" I said having a big smile on my face.

I then opened the door, not hearing that my mom has just said, "I'm already so proud of you." And continued running down the path, accidentally bumping into someone, someone that I wanted no part of or that I had time to talk to.

"Hey! Watch it pipsqueak!" The angry voice said as the person who said it stood up off  the ground.

The oh so familiar voice rang in my ears as I collected myself and stood up off the ground and began to dust off my pants. "S-sorry about that Gary, didn't mean to run into ya like that, I was only tryin' to-" I look down at his hand to see a white and red circular object in his hand. "I-is that a pokéball?!" I ask no longer being able to hold in my excitement!

Gary raised a brow and flicked my forehead before scoffing. "Of course it is loser, geeez, I thought that even a rookie like you would at least know the basics of these things. But, it just makes it easier for me to crush you and become the number one Pokémon Master!"

I didn't hear a word he said, all I could seem to do was focus on the pokéball, not knowing what Pokémon Gary had chose started to make me anxious. "Oh. Well um, good luck with that and if you'll excuse me I'm going to get my very own Pokémon!" I quickly dash off, leaving behind an angry Gary in my dust.

I quickly opened the doors to the lab and walk inside with giant sparkles in my eyes. "This is going to be the best day ever," I say to myself. "Me and Charmander taking on the entire Kanto Region!" I hear a loud noise in the back of the room and see Professor Oak popping up with the top of his hair singed black.

He coughs. "Hello there Cierra, it's nice to meet you in person." He continued to cough before hearing a frightened cry of a Pokémon.

I look around the corner to see a crying Charmander sitting on the floor in the corner of the room. "Aw...Poor thing, is it alright?..." I ask, not taking my eyes off the Pokémon.

"No he's not, but he won't let me get close enough to him to help me figure out what's wrong with him. Though, I doubt that he has and sprains or bruises. It's just that, ever since it was brought here to be given to a trainer, it gets scared and runs away every chance it gets." Professor Oak says as he steps away from the Charmander. "Perhaps you could see what's wrong with him?"