The Groovy Dog

One time back when I was a little kid at eight years of age, my parents took me on a trip to stay in a cabin near the boat dock by Bozzo Lake.
     The cabin was owned by two people that my Dad worked at in the Steel business.
     When we got to the cabin. We unpacked and walked in. Once inside, I noticed a deer's head was on the wall above a staircase that led to the basement area. Then as I walked further towards what was to be my room on this vacation I saw a lamp sculpted like a civil war soldier. When I got into my room I found it quite cool and freshly architected.
      So I walked back out and decided to pop in a movie. The facility had it's on VCR. My Dad sat on the porch while my Mom organized the kitchen area. After watching most of the sci-fi fantasy film on VHS, I walked back into my room and looked at a music magazine I had recently bought.
     Mostly we took it easy at the cabin for the first night.
      The next day we went to a swimming pool, local to that area, as my parents knew I'd be set in that place. When I was little swimming pools were like my favorite thing so there you have it.
       On the third day, my Dad and I took a walk down the hill along a path along the right side of the cabin. This bulldog all hyper and excited came out and ran around beside us until we reached the base of the hill. After that we walked back up the hill as the dog ran forward up ahead of us, looking back in our direction as if he were leading us.
        The next day my parents took me out on a boat that belonged to two of my Dad's coworkers, to ride out upon Bozzo Lake, where I got to see Skull Rock.
         The day after that we headed back home.
          About a year later, we went back to the cabin to stay for a few days. On the second day we went to walk down the hill by the cabin for our yearly stroll and sure enough the bulldog came running out again. The way the dog followed us down and led us back up was just like the time before.
           Then in the year after that we went back to the cabin for yet another stay.
            This time when we did our downhill stride we hoped to see the friendly dog but didn't.
             Yet I always remember that dog as a cool groovy dog following and leading us along.
              Oh good dog he was.
              The groovy dog.