Chapter 7: The Surprise

ONE THOUSAND VIEWS??? NAH.....NAHHHHH

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS FANFIC I REALLY MUCH APPRECIATE IT

AND I'LL DO MORE QUICKER UPDATES ONE EACH WEEK UNTIL I HIT THE 13th CHAPTER

Also just to let you known this is more of a filler chapter focused on you and your relationship with Snape, there will be some information introduced in this chapter. Hope you enjoy!

Y/n Pov:

After all the shopping we did at Diagon Alley me and m father have been busy from doing our own things. I've been studying and planning for Hogwarts while he was planning his courses for his classes.

But recently he has been looking tired and kind of frustrated. So I decided to plan a surprise for him to loosen up! I was reading my charms book when I heard him," (Y/n) I'm going out, I trust you won't make much disturbance while I'm gone."

"Don't worry, I'll just be practicing my charms!" I assured him still at my desk. I heard the door open and then close. I got out of my chair and took out my wand using the levitating charm to help me clean around the house. However I felt a dull headache afterwards and decided to leave the rest without magic. 

Once I was done I prepared the table for later potion making and got out a book from my bookshelf about cooking. I decided to make Yorkshire Pudding with Roast Beef so I quickly took out the ingredients and began cooking. First stirring the pudding and tasting it.

"Hmmm~ delicious...more sugar" I licked the pudding off my fingers and went to go check on the roast beef which was cooking. 

When I was growing up I had to sometimes go to Hogwarts with my father, I already know some of the professors there and I got to spend time with them especially with Hagrid or Dumbledore. I always wished to actually attend Hogwarts and be able to expand my knowledge of magic and power.

I smiled as I set the table and put the food on the plates. Now for the final thing. I had to move my piano from my room to my dad's room. I still had a dull headache from earlier but I needed to do this! So after a few minutes of me doing it feet by feet I managed to do it. However my head felt like it was about to split open! Therefore I collapsed on the couch and began waiting for father.

Snape's Pov: 

I appeared at my house holding a box with holes in it as I smelled something quite nice coming from inside. I managed to open the door and place the box down as I saw (Y/n) running up to me yelling," Surprise!" She had a bright smile on her face looking at me with her two magnificent eyes.

"What surprise?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Come I'll show you." She answered dragging me with her tiny hand to the kitchen. I saw Yorkshire Pudding and Roast Beef sitting on the table.

"I thought maybe today we could use a break," she told me getting into her chair picking up her fork," you've been working hard every day to the point where we can't even have our reading sessions... I've missed them." She looked at the floor putting her fork down.

My heart hurt seeing her like that, so I rushed over to her and hugged her, stroking her hair lightly.

Y/n Pov:

I was completely shocked when he hugged me when I was still in the chair. But I hugged him back.

"I'm sorry we haven't spent more time together, it's just frustrating that I have to prepare the classes for all those incompetent students." He apologized while still hugging me and stroking my hair.

"It's okay, I know how you busy you are, but for now let's just enjoy this nice supper I made!" I said while I got out of his embrace and gave him his plate of roast beef. Even though it was a bit burnt and the I maayyy have put too much sugar in the pudding-

He slightly smiled and took off his robe as he sat down and began to eat the roast beef. I looked at him and waited for him to speak.

"Even if it is a little burnt you always surprise me (Y/n)." He smiled as he continued eating. I smiled at him and also ate my food, it was a good attempt I must say for an almost 11 year old!

After some minutes we completely ate everything and I was full! Snape looked full as well as he got up from the table and went to a box with holes in them.

I got curious so I got up and went over to him and asked," What's in the box?"

He didn't turn to look at me, but muttered," You'll see." He took out his wand tapping the box suddenly opening the box for there to be a cobra in a glass cage with materials and food for it!

"You did not just give me a cobra!" I gasped wide eyed looking at him.

"I know you wanted one for your birthday, so I went to buy you one, I'm afraid I won't be able to celebrate your birthday in Hogwarts because of my grueling schedule." He added.

Now it was my turn to hug him, I ran up to him with a bright smile on my face and tightly hugged him saying," Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much, Father! I promise to take good care of them!"

He chuckled," He's a boy, and I know you'll take good care of him."

I smiled and looked at the cobra who seemed relaxed, his scales were shiny and was black with faintly white stripes around his body. He looked to be about 4 feet long if you stretched him out, but overall he is a very beautiful creature.

After putting (S/n) in my room and gave him a dead-heated mouse, I introduced Snape to the potion we were going to make, we had fun of course since father loved brewing difficult potions. I also helped get the ingredients and stir it. Though it took some time to finish it.

Afterward, I could tell he was tired. I grabbed his hand and led him to his room.

He saw my piano," (Y/n) you're going to play a song for me? And how did you move it?"

"Of course I'm going to play a song for you!" I smiled before adding," And I just used my magic thanks to my new wand." Patting myself on the back.

I got on my piano and turned the page to the selected song I picked for him. He saw no point in arguing since he saw my determination, besides he knows how great I am at playing!

He got in bed and adjusted himself looking away from me also taking off his black shoes in the process. I smiled lightly as I began to play soft music used for deep sleep. I sang a gentle tune that went along nicely with the music.

I glanced over at him seeing him clearing enjoying the music since his body composure looked very peaceful and relaxed. 

After some minutes I finished the song and quietly went over to see if he was asleep.

He looked very peaceful, I smiled and lightly kissed his forehead and pulled the covers more closely to him," Good night dad" I whispered before leaving his room closing the door gently.

The place was slightly dirty so I decided to quietly put away the dishes and potions to their appropriate place.

I then went too my room turning off all the lights and put on my (f/c) Pjs. After that, I went to bed and started too lightly fall asleep.

"You really care about him do you missss?"

My eyes widen as I looked around the room. But there was no one there...

...

Maybe it was just my imagination?

That's a beautiful snake you got there, but it's interesting that you can speak parseltongue too... Hopefully, that doesn't come to bite your heart out one day!

Hasta luego~