two

"Nalani! Wake up!" Alison shouts. I ignore her due to the fact that it's way too early for her to be screaming like that.

"Nalani! Hello girl, wake up!" Alison continues to shout. By the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like she's gonna stop anytime soon.

She shrugs at me and yells once more attempting to get me up out of bed. "What Alison?" I ask her questioning why she's bothering me when it's still so early in the morning.

"Today's Scott's birthday, we have to plan for his birthday gift." Alison reminds me.

She's really bothering me at this time in the morning to tell me that I need to help her with Scott's birthday gift. I honestly don't understand why she needs my help, she's closed with Scott than I am.

I decide to ignore her and roll back into bed facing the opposite way from where she was sitting. I place my head underneath the pillow trying to block out the sounds of Alison's voice.

Not even a few seconds later, Alison pulls the pillow off my head, "Please Nalani!" She begs me.

I lay under my covers for a few moments trying to decide if it would be worth getting out of bed for. Should I be nice and get up to help her with Scott's gift or should I be nice to myself and go back to sleep. I think about it for a little while longer while Alison stares at me with her puppy eyes. I take a deep sigh and finally agree to helping her.

"Just give me a minute to fully wake up" I ask her and she says okay as she starts to walk out my room. I turn around back in bed and act as if I were going back to sleep.

"Nalani!" I hear Alison exclaim. Few seconds later she throws a pillow at me and I start laughing.

"Okay, okay." I laugh pulling the sheets off of me, getting out of bed.

I grab my phone off the charger before heading to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and I laugh because of my bed hair. I swear every time I wake up my hair bundles and makes different sized curls. I don't know how to explain but it's as if they're turning into dreadlocks. My hair really is a mystery of its own.

I turn my speaker on and connect to my phone. The first song that plays is TLC's No Scrubs. When I tell you I sing this song with passion, I sing it. I remove all my clothing and just stare at my body for a couple seconds. I swear I'm probably the only girl that analyzes the hell out her body. This is pretty much half of my morning routine... picking out all my insecurities.

I finally decide to stop judging myself and adjust the water of the shower. Hot showers are really the best. The heat of the water against my skin is just so calming and relaxing.

It takes me about ten minutes in the shower. I usually time myself by counting how much songs are played. So since I listened to three songs and each song is about three minutes, I showered for around ten minutes.

I wipe myself up while still standing in the bathtub. After wiping down my body, I dry my hair with a microfiber towel. Wrapping the towel around my body, I open up the door to let out some of the steam.

I dance and sway to my music playing through my speaker. I grab my toothbrush, wet it, put some toothpaste, wet it again, and brush. The only way to do it. Five minutes just on my teeth and my mouth.

Knowing that I was gonna stay in for the day, I change into something comfortable. I put on a loose grey sweatpants, yellow tube top, and my long black and yellow striped socks. After changing, I dry my hair with my towel once more to stop my end from dripping water. I hate that my hair takes so long to dry. I decide to blow dry my hair and just let it air dry.