Chapter 1

"Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!" 
The clock rang 11 pm.

You're starting to get worried about Seth, your fiancé. He has never come home this late and something bad might have happened to him.

You look at the cold, wet steak you made for two. The wind whistling over from the window, blowing out the scented candles on the dining table.

You and Seth live together in a small apartment. He makes a great ton of money but prefers to live the normal life, with you. The busy streets of New York fills the quiet air, but at night, it all seem to stop, leaving a cold, brutal silence, waiting to be broken by his knocks on the door and the forks and knives clanging the plates of yours. It has always been like this, Seth coming home to your romantic, delicious meals, and talking about his day and shit. But now—

"Bang! Bang!"
You almost drop the wine glass.

"Open the goddamn door!"
It's Seth. And he seems—

"Y/N!"
"I'm coming!"

You rush to open the door to find a very off-looking Seth. His face is red as a tomato and his tie is loose. And that smell...

"What took so fucking long, ha?"
"Geez. Calm down, babe"
" 'calm down, babe'?! Why don't YOU ask Dom THAT?"
"Why? Your co-worker? What—what did he do?"

He throws his coat on the floor.

"Well, that motherfucker did not only took credits for the work someone else did, he fucking blamed me for shit I didn't do!"

"Calm down."
You gesture him to go sit at the dining table. He sits down, frustrated.

You quietly eat in silence and notice the smell, again. It's vodka.

"Seth?"
"What?!"
"Are you...drunk?"

Silence.

"Seth, we've been through this before!"
He stands up, knocking over the chair. He grinds his teeth and throws down the fork and knife.

"You know, Y/N. I had a long goddamn day and if you could just—-shut the fuck up(!), that would make things SO much better."

"But Seth—"

"How about you try working nine hours a day, with that fuck-face, son of a bitch, and coming home to a slutty wife who does nothing but complain?!"

Cold, bitter tears start streaming down your cheeks. You. Have. Had. It.

"Oh! NOW you're the one crying? Nice job acting!"
You slap him right on the face.

He seems shocked, confused, helpless...But that expression gets replaced by an aggrieved one. He quickly, angrily walks right to your face. He grabs your neck and pin you to the wall.

"Se—Seth...p-p-please stop"
You beg him through the tears and suffocation, but that only seem to make him go harder.