Prologue

Fresh brewed coffee and pastries filled the packed space of the Dream Bean Café. The small colorful café was sandwiched between buildings in the windy city of Chicago. Despite its odd location it managed to be a loved spot for strong drinks and homemade treats.

Serenity had originally inherited Dream Bean from a close uncle who had never had children of his own. While in high school, Serenity and her two closest friends would work in the shop after classes were over and during their breaks. The trio each had their own special job that they excelled in: Lily, who was the oldest, loved to get her hands dirty with fresh dough; Amaya was a chemist when it came to creating masterful drinks, also the youngest of the three; Lastly, Serenity was the business end, under the watchful eye of her Uncle Joe, she learned the ways of running and managing the business.

At her high school graduation, her uncle had given her the choice to run the shop as her own while he traveled the country. Of course, Serenity jumped for joy, wanting nothing more in the world. All the while her parents were hesitant and thought her uncle completely insane for entrusting his livelihood to an 18-year-old. But time and time again Serenity had proven herself more than capable to run the shop in his absence.

Now at the age of 22, the trio was still going strong. Lily had gone to college to become a pastry chef; Amaya was very carefree and was taking her time with college as an Art major; Serenity on the other hand, only took a few business classes before deciding that running the shop was just her perfect match in life. Each of the girls had so much fun working together and running the shop that they had forgotten all about romance. That is until a few guys became regulars and turned everything upside down...