Chapter 10 "Two Shots Of Whiskey."

The next morning Ian and Hannah woke up and went downstairs to get breakfast. They sat down and had coffee. The morning was going great until someone pounded on the door. Ian got up and answered it. A bunch of police officers were standing outside. "Are you Ian Gallagher?" the one closest to him asked. Ian wanted to run but he knew that it wouldn't help.
     He said "yes." The officer cuffed Ian's hands and walked him to the police car. Hannah looked out the window. She saw what was happening and ran out of the house. She tried to pull the officer off Ian.
     "You can't take him he didn't mean to!" she yelled. A different officer pulled her away. She struggled against his grip. They put Ian in the back of the car. "You can't take him!" Hannah yelled again.
     "Ma'am we aren't taking him to jail he is going to a mental hospital to get some help he'll be fine" the officer who arrested Ian said. Fiona and Carl stood in the doorway watching. Ian started to say something.
     "Ian fucking shut up" Hannah yelled, "he can't go he didn't mean to do it." They didn't listen to Hannah. They got in their cars and left. Hannah stood there shocked how could someone call the cops on Ian then she remembered who wanted to.
Hannah stormed into the house and into the kitchen. Hannah saw her she wanted to punch her but she didn't. "How the fuck could you I said I'll take care of him" Hannah yelled.
     Fiona looked up at her "it was for the best."
     "Ha how do you know what's best for him? You weren't there when he ran off to the military I did he told me his every move you weren't there when he ran off with Monica he called me every day to tell me he was ok I was there when he cried everything out but his memories I can see why he didn't tell you now because you would've done this to him" Hannah said holding back tears. Fiona stood there stoned. Hannah walked out of the house she didn't know where to go but she needed to go.
She walked to the Alibi. "Hey Hannah haven't seen you in a while," Kev said.
     She sat down on one of the bar stools "two shots of whiskey." Kev poured the whiskey into two shot glasses and gave them to her. She quickly drank both shots. The warm liquid burned the back of her throat.
     "So Mickey went to jail," Kev said. Hannah swallowed trying to cool the burning sensation.
     "Yeah, and Fiona called the cops on Ian for that car."
     Kev looked up "she really fucking did?"
     "Yeah, why would I lie about Ian." Hannah thought about all the times she's lied for Ian and when he lied for her. "Well I'm going to go see Mickey," Hannah said standing up from the stool.
     "Bye," Kev said as she walked out.
Hannah walked into the jail. The smell brought back memories of her having to come here to see her dad. She walked into the visitation place and sat down. The guard that was there walked up to her "who are you here to see?"
     "Mikhailo Milkovich," Hannah remembered the last time she called Mickey Mikhailo. Later Mickey came out sat down and picked up the phone. Hannah did the same.
     "Hey" Mickey lowered his voice "I'm really sorry."
     "I am too," Hannah said. She didn't want to tell him what happened to Ian.
     "Look I did something for you," Mickey said pulling Hannah out of her thoughts. Mickey pulled down his shirt to reveal his Ian Galagher tattoo. Right underneath it said, Hannah Milkovich.
     Hannah laughed "at least you spelled it right."
     Mickey smiled "hope this one doesn't get infected." Hannah took a deep breath. She didn't want to ruin this moment but she had to tell him.
     "You know that police car that was lit on fire yesterday?"
     "Yeah."
     "Well, Ian did that Fiona called the cops on him and now he's back in a mental hospital." Hannah saw the rage fill in his eyes.
     "Times up," the guard behind Mickey said. Just like that, he was gone again.