*First Arrest*

*First Arrest*

(Amelia's P.O.V)

"I... I don't k-know what yo-you're talking a.. about," he stuttered, his gaze switching between Reid and I. I hadn't know George long, but I didn't think he was at all capable of committing any sort of murder, yet something had definitely happened here.

He finally broke, in a mess of pleas and cries and inaudible explanations.

"I have no idea what he's saying but I definitely heard the words 'body', 'murder' and 'gun'," I muttered to Spencer.

"Cuff him. I'll call Hotch."

I nodded, feeling slightly anxious. This was my first arrest; I'd always left it to the others to cuff the suspect in my previous cases.

Dragging the shackles from my belt, I knelt down next to George, sobbing quietly, and drew his hands behind his back, slipping on the cuffs. He didn't thrash out or protest, and I didn't say anything.

"They'll be over in a few minutes," Reid said, snapping his phone shut.

I nodded. "Cuff him to the table and lock the door for now. Let's investigate out back."

He nodded and took George off my hands as I slipped through the back door. Spencer was right behind me, sliding his gun out of his holster. I still had to have the test to receive my own, so I clenched my fists nervously.

"Let me go first," Reid whispered in my ear, his warm breath tickling my neck. It made me shudder slightly, and I allowed him to overtake me in the narrow corridor. He crept silently into the back room.

"Clear," he muttered, ducking to check under the worktops. There was nobody here. His shoulders relaxed slightly, but then I heard a rustle in one of the cupboards and tapped his back, pointing in the direction. He nodded and held a finger to his lips.

We both stumbled either side of the cupboard and glanced at each other. With a nod of confirmation from Reid, we both gripped the handles and flung the doors open.

I bit back a scream, but still recoiled, as a pale figure collapsed out of the cabinet, dry blood soaking his face. It was a man, in his late twenties, with a bullet wound to his head. His eyes were wide and dead, his skin a sickly pallor.

"Damn it," Reid muttered, a look of disgust passing through his features.

The door to the back room flung open, making me jump with a start, but it was only Hotch. He took a fleeting glance at the body and ordered for an ambulance.

"He's dead," I confirmed, joining Hotch by the door. "We've cuffed George in the diner. But we don't know if he's the murderer. We believe the man was shot through there and dragged into here, since there's a dark stain on the worktop. Although, it's strange how nobody heard the shot fired and called the police. The shop was practically empty when we arrived, but still open."

Hotch studied me carefully. "Let's take this back to the BAU. We'll interview George and look at the case in more detail."

I nodded. "Yes, sir."

*Btw, how're you liking all the pictures of Reid I've attached? I just thought you'd like them, y'know. Haha. Who doesn't like looking at adorable pictures of Reid, am I right? Okay. *nervous laugh* I'm the only one who does? Um, well, I, er, okay then. Thanks for reading, I suppose.*