Capítulo Dos

Copyright © 2019
by @sugarspicenotnice_

"What did that man say to you Raya? Do I have to call the police?" Penelope was frantic as soon as the elevator fiasco was over. We were walking to Josh's apartment when I was finally able to control my breathing again. The sexy MM wanted me, but that was impossible. He didn't know me. He must not have known I was promised to one of New York's most powerful men. If he knew, I'm sure he wouldn't have hit on me like he did.

"He just asked if I lived in the building, it really wasn't a big deal," she rolled her eyes, sighing heavily. "And thanks for the help, I was trapped and all you did was watch!"

Penelope put her hands up. "Hey, that man was scary. Sexy as sin, but scary. And it was obvious he wanted you, what was I supposed to do?"

Now it was my turn to groan. "Tell him I'm getting married in a month?" I went into my purse searching for my keys to Josh's place.

MM told me I would soon be his forever, and I have to admit I was a little freaked out. Who says that to someone they just met anyway? It didn't make sense, and the more I thought about the crazy afternoon I was having the more I just wanted to relax with Josh and have a quiet evening to ourselves.

"You could've told him that. Plus he looked at you like he knew you. Like really knew you. Have you seen that man before Soraya?" Penelope squinted at me while I thought hard.

It was impossible, I had never seen that man in my life.

Trust me, I would've remembered a man like that.

"I've never seen him before P. Even if I had known him, he acted tremendously inappropriate," I finally found the keys, turning the metal into the door. "And if I ever see him again, I'll set the record straight. I'm an engaged woman, and his behavior back there was indecorous. That is no way to treat a woman, and if he were here in front of me I'd tell him to his face." I nodded at Penelope. She seemed impressed with my answer; that was until we walked into Josh's living room.

What we saw, rather who we saw scared the shit out of both Penelope and I.

It was MM from the elevator!

In Josh's living room.

And MM had a few buddies with him. They were all sitting on the couch, looking as comfortable as can be. One of them looked like a gang member with all the tattoos he had. From his arms to his neck and probably everything in between, he was covered in ink. His head was shaved, and he looked just as amused as MM. He sported a sly smile as he looked down at Josh, his face beaten up and his arms and legs tied with rope. He had tape over his mouth, his screams being muted.

The other "buddy" didn't have as many tattoos, but sorta resembled MM a little bit. He had a similar head of brown curls on his head, though his face looked more rugged. He was attractive sure, but that wasn't even the closest thing on my mind. My fiancé was ransacked and beaten within an inch of his life, lying helplessly on the floor.

"Indecorous? Inappropriate?" MM chuckled deeply, probably finding this whole situation just jocular. He looked amongst his friends. "You hear that, hermanos? Miss Soraya here thinks I'm just a cochino."

The men chuckled, as if this was just an everyday occurrence for them. I think one of them even had a beer in their hand. Shaking my head I looked over to Penelope. She was frozen in fear just as I was, her hand itching over to her purse. No doubt to get her phone and call the cops.

"Now sweetheart," Gang member buddy rose from the couch, grabbing what looked like a gun from his pants pocket. I shivered at the metal weapon, praying to God we'd make it out of this heist alive. "You know that's not smart. I know that's not smart. Everyone in this fucking room knows, that's not smart," He walked over to Penelope, and before she could do anything gang member friend had a gun to her head.