PROLOGUE

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

PROLOGUES

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

"Come on Asher! It's not that bad!" I try to convince Asher. He looks at me with a raised eyebrow and I just shrug.

"Not that bad? Ann's were dissecting a frog for a science lab." I shake my head at him. "I swear, I saw it twitch while I started cutting it open. And you said it's not that bad. Yeah, sure."

We were in our science class and the assignment was to dissect a frog and record what we found. I didn't find it that bad but Asher was freaking out. I almost laughed at him but his glares had me biting my lip so I didn't laugh.

"It really isn't, though. If you want I guess I could finish it on my own." He looks at me then back at the frog before shaking his head no.

"I'm not letting you do this alone. It's a partner project." He looked at the frog and winced. I couldn't contain my laugh and I ended up laughing.

Asher shakes his head at me but you could see the hint of a smile on his face.

The door of the classroom opens and a girl with long black hair walks in. She was pretty, but what she was wearing wasn't very school appropriate.

I see her look around the room before her eyes land on Asher. I glance at Asher and see that he hasn't even looked at her yet. The girls eyes him before smirking and walking our way.

She stops in front of our table and Asher looks up. He eyes the girl but you can see that he was trying not to show his disgust. I feel happy that he wasn't seeing her in away that I didn't like...like he liked her.

Don't get me wrong. He's my best friend but I'm just trying to look out for him. And if he liked this girl I would try everything to keep them apart but if he was happy I'd leave it alone...and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be more than best friends. My mind was focusing on the girl before me and right now I'm not getting a good vibe from her.

"Hey, I'm Violet, want to be my partner?" She purrs and I cringe at the sound of her voice.

"Um no thanks. If you haven't noticed I already have a partner." Asher points to me with a smile and I return the smile. She glances at me and sneers, I just awkwardly smile.

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind you switching." She says in a threatening tone.

"I said I already have a partner. I'm not switching, sorry." Asher says with a forced smile.

I look at Asher and glance at the girl, whose name is Violet, who has a dangerous look in her eyes before she stomps away to another table with one of the popular guys.

I sigh and finish working with Asher in dissecting the frog.

I don't have a good feeling about Violet.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

508 words

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Hey!

This is the prologue, it sucks but it gives you a bit of glance of an obstacle that will be in the story.

Also Violet is just a made up person for the book. I didn't want to use Nadia or whatever so I made up a character.

This prologue isn't very good because it's 10:45 pm and I'm surprised my mom let me stay up a little longer but I was kind of rushed so sorry for it being bad?

Anyway sorry for any grammar mistakes and I was hoping to have the prologue longer but that didn't work out with the amount of time I have.

So thoughts on the prologue?

I have to go to bed now but enjoy the short prologue smh.

Also either tomorrow (idk) or Friday Alyssa will be doing chapter one so be ready!!!

Bye!!

Gabby ♡