CHAPTER ONE

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

chapter one

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Sitting on my bed thinking of the rough week I had, had me even more exhausted than I felt. My back ached and my muscles were sore.

And don't get me started on Violet. She's only been here a week and she's already driving me up to the wall. I could have slapped her more than once but since I'm a nice person I didn't dare.

You can tell that Asher's even getting annoyed but something's been off with him the past few days. He hasn't been texting me back much and we barely have time for each other, so he says.

I miss him.

I've never gone an hour yet a day without talking to him but lately, it's different. I'll text him and he ignores it.

He's been acting weird and it's almost as if he's keeping a secret from me. And the thing is, we never keep secrets from each other. I've asked him if something was wrong but he didn't answer he just told me to leave him alone.

That hurt. A lot.

he walked away from me when I asked that at the school. it felt like a bunch of eyes were on me but there was none. guess I was being paranoid.

I'm sitting on my couch in the living room wondering what could be going on but nothing comes to mind. I try and call Asher but he still doesn't answer. I run my hands down my face before getting up and heading to my room for a change of clothes.

I've been wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt all day and if I'm going out I guess I should change. I pick out some jean shorts and a simple but cute top and slip-on my vans. my hair is down and not messy so I leave it alone.

I grab my phone from my nightstand where I had placed it and put it in my back pocket and run downstairs. no one is home so I don't bother letting anyone know I'm going out. I walk outside and close the front door behind me and lock it with my keys.

I decided to walk since Asher's house isn't far and it would probably be good for me if I walked.

when I reach as his house there is another car in the driveway and that makes me confused. I look over at the porch and don't see anyone so I walk up and knock on the front door. I feel nervous but I don't know why. as I wait here patiently I hear footsteps and my stomach tightens with nerves.

when the door opens I'm not met with Asher, I'm met with Violet...in Asher's shirt.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

471 words

🔹🔹🔹🔹

authors note;

this is really short and not how I usually would stop but I didnt know what else to add and cuz I feel bad for not updating this at all. I'm going to try and get on here on Friday's too update this but chapter two will be written by Alyssa. we decided we're gonna go back and forth between writing chapters.

anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter of a mess.

- gabby

🔹🔹🔹🔹

please vote and comment!!