Chapter 37🧡

Klarissa's POV

When Lily came out of the office of the police station, her eyes were red and swollen. I hated seeing her like this. Opening up in such detail must have brought back some horrible memories.

She walked towards me, and I opened my arms, holding her tight.

"What did they say?" I asked, when I pulled back.

"They wrote down everything I said. They hardly said a word, just listened."

"Let's hope for the best. You were so brave," I said, holding her face. She smiled, and I captured her lips in a quick kiss.

"Are you alright to go back to school now? See the others?" I asked. She nodded.

———

It was the very end of the day, and we walked out of our last class to see a crazy scene. Police cars were everywhere and teachers were talking to them. I watched as a burly-looking policeman pulled a yelling Daryl into his car.

"Fuck you!" Daryl yelled at me, Lily and Steve as we watched.

Adam, Alice, Emily and Paris were already out the front.

"What's happening to him?" I asked as we moved towards the others.

"I don't think it'll be good for him. They caught him in the van with another girl. The videos, the victims and now catching him in the act. They'll have to heavily punish him," Adam explained.

The teachers began to shoo away the crowd of students that had formed around the scene, telling us to get our way home.

"So I guess it's all ended well," Lily said, smiling, as we watched the police cars leaving.

"After what he did to me, and other girls, I'll be glad that he's gone. I don't want any other girls to have to experience what I've experienced."

"Good job for speaking up this morning," Steve said, patting her on the back.

Lily smiled. "Thank you. It was hard, but I'm glad I did it,"

"What ever happened to Kiara and Sarah?" I asked curiously.
"I haven't seen them here for a while. They mustn't be very happy about this,"

"You won't believe it. Well actually, you probably will," Emily said.

"They've been caught too. They were in some of the videos. Seems that Daryl wasn't the only one assaulting people. They've been luring boys into the van, touching them intimately without their consent. Some of the boys have talked up about it to the police as well. So we won't be seeing them for a while either," Emily explained.

"I should have known," I said. "They were always so obsessed with sex. I can't believe I used to be their friends,"

"So, does this mean we won't have to deal with Daryl, Sarah and Kiara again?" Lily asked, grinning.

Steve nodded, giving Lily a hug. We all joined in until it became one massive group hug.

"Good job guys, for having the courage to stand up for what's right!" Paris said.

———

Mum had let me invite Lily around for dinner. We sat at the dinner table; Lily taking dad's place.

We were eating a delicious lasagna meal.

"What happened at school today?" Kalvin asked.

"Daryl got taken away and hopefully locked up for some seriously bad shit he did," I said.