Ch. 27: Reunited Again

As the years passed, Jared and the kids moved to California, while Joker and Harley stayed in Gotham.  Every day Harley noticed that Joker would always leave the house at 5 am and would go somewhere, but she couldn't figure out where he would go. Once he would come home, she noticed that his beautiful blue eyes were red and puffy. "Puddin'? Are ya alright?" "I'm fine. I'm going to my office to work." "Alright babe."  The next day Harley decided to follow Joker to see where he was going. She followed him until she saw him go to a cemetery and now she knew why he had red, puffy eyes. He was visiting his daughter's grave.  He walked through all the graves until he saw Jess' grave. He dusted off her headstone and laid red, purple, and green roses on top of it. He began to tell her all about his fights with Batsy and how he and Harley were doing. He looked at his watch and knew that it was time to go. He hated to say goodbye, but he knew that she was happy. "I'll catch ya later, kiddo. Daddy loves you." He said before leaving the cemetery. Once the gates closed, Enchantress appeared and saw all the flowers, family pictures, etc.  "The mortal does miss his child and l-loves her, even in death. I have never seen anyone who shows love as he does to his now-dead daughter. They must be reunited " She said as she began to formulate a plan of her own. 

Meanwhile, Harley asked if they could have a baby of their own, which Joker didn't want because he thought he would be replacing his only daughter, Jessie. "No Harley." "But why not Puddin'? You already proved yourself that your daddy material." She said. "I. Said. No. I'm not going to have another baby living here and that's final!" He yelled making his queen cry. "I don't understand you! You took Jessie in when no one else would, but I'm your girlfriend who wants to be a mother!" "I didn't want her in the first place!" "W-what?" "I never wanted a kid, but I ended up with Jessie. You have no idea how badly I wanted to kill her. You want to know the truth. Well my dear, I never wanted Jessie. I wanted to send her away to some crappy orphanage, where she could do whatever she wanted. Hell, she could've died as a baby  for all I care" "Then why did you let her stay here?!" "Because she made the voices go away. She made me feel happy and normal." He said as a tear rolled down his cheek. Harley was speechless for a moment. She couldn't believe that Joker wanted Jessie dead or that he was going to send her away. "I know where you're coming from Mr. J. You think if we did have a baby, it would replace Jessie. You need to let go of the past, J." She said as she hugged him behind.  "You don't get it. Before I became this. I had a beautiful, wonderful wife named Jeanie. We're going to start a family in a few months until one day. I got a phone call saying that Jeanie died in a car crash. My world was taken from me! The love of my life and my unborn child were gone! So I decided to go get drunk when two men came up to me and told me how to make a little extra cash. They took me to ACE Chemicals, where we were looking for something when the Bat showed up. I tried to tell him that I was innocent in the mix-up, but I ended up tripping over the rail, and bam! Right into the boiling acid, luckily I somehow survived and became the Joker. If you want a baby go to that "buckshot" since you ALWAYS loved to be around him!" 

After that hurtful thing Joker said, Harley grabbed a bag, packed up her stuff, along with Bud and Lou, and went to Ivy's for a while. Joker started to feel a headache coming into play, so he told Frost that he was going out for a walk to try and calm down. It was cold out as usual in Gotham City. Enchantress saw Joker coming to where she was,  so she began to use her magic to bring back his beloved daughter, not as an adult but as a newborn baby. Once she did, she placed a sleeping spell on her only to wake up when Joker walked by. She put her in a basket with a note. Enchantress disguised herself as a lady and placed the basket in the light. Joker walked by when he heard a familiar sound. "It's my imagination." He said as he shook his head and listened and heard the sound again. He followed it and was in shock with what he saw. It was his little girl, he never forgot what she looked like. He cried tears of joy, for he was now happily reunited with his Jessie. He noticed the note and read it out loud. "Even bad guys like you deserve a second chance."  He looked down at his pride and joy, who was smiling away at him. "My Jessie. My sweet baby girl. Daddy missed you soooooo much. We better get you home, but first let's go pick up Mommy." He cooed. (Time skip to Ivy's house)