"On fifty more to go!"

Dan flops his saddle down on the rack and smiles widely. "Did you know that your cousin and I will have been married three years in a couple days?"

Brandon raises his eyebrows. "Well, if I was you I wouldn't be standing here telling me about it!"

They laugh together. "I thought you would have known your cousin long enough to know getting her off the ranch is like pulling teeth. Now, don't get me wrong I love it here just as much as she does, but-"

"You don't have to explain to me. I get it." They walk together from the barn into the pens. "How many times have y'all been off the ranch since you've been married?"

Resting one foot on the pipe fence Dan shrugs. "Well, we've been to see my parents about twice and went over to the rodeo in Amarillo once."

Brandon rolls his eyes. "Dan, I know you love her, but please do something fun! She'll like it once you get her there."

Dan throws his head back and laughs. "Get her where?"

Brandon rolls his eyes and elbows the man beside him. Love must really be blind. "Anywhere!"

"I'm not a traveler! I'm only slightly more adventurous than she is. And what would we do with Ben anyway?"

Brandon turns from the fence and humphs. "Goodness! You think about like a fence post. What about your parents? Or Becca? Heck! Even I'll watch the little feller."

Dan looks over at his cousin-in-law that has become more of a friend than he thought possible. His wheels start turning and he strokes his chin with two fingers. "You know, you're talking about as crazy as they come. And I like it! Wait till I tell Tylee!" And off he goes jogging towards the house.

"Don't- Ah heck!" Brandon says it with a smile. He wanders into the barn and begins to fork a buggy full of hay for the old crippled cow that's in the pens.
***

Tylee puts the cup in other sink after she has washed it. Ben coos from where he rolls around on the floor in the living room. She turns quickly when the back door busts open. Wind comes in with the sound of big feet and heavy steps. 

"Tylee! My Fawn!"

Grabbing the towel she begins to dry her hands and she scurries to the utility room. Dan meets her about halfway and pulls her tight to him. "What's wrong?" she asks quickly.

"Wrong? Fawn, nothings wrong." He pulls back and places a kiss on her forehead. "We are going traveling for our anniversary."

Staring at him she doesn't speak for a long moment. "What- what do you mean? Where to?" Her eyes widen a bit and her mind starts racing. 

He shrugs and winks at her. "I don't know. We'll see."

She drops her hands from his biceps. "What about all the chores? There's a lot to do around here for just one man."

Putting a finger over her lips he looks her in the eye and says, "Somehow you managed to make do for two years, so I'm willing to bet it won't collapse in just a couple weeks." He takes her face in his hands and kisses her lips gently. "Please?"

She looks at him trying to figure out where he comes from. Where are this thoughts? Her heart beats a little faster with excitement, but also a hint of fear and worry. 

Shakily he takes a breaths and pulls her close again. He breathes in the scent of her hair. "I miss playing with you, chasing you around, and kissing you so much."

Feeling like a little girl with her charming prince she looks up at him with a smile. "I miss it too." She grins as he raises his eyebrows. "Yes, I'd like to go."