Ch 3

Ch 3 Home Sweet Home -Mavis

The next morning I wake up excited and relieved that I will be released from the hospital.Finally I get to go home to Aunt Megan's house.This morning Aunt Sarah is here with me while Grandma Lucy is grabbing some more of my stuff from my house and then will come by to say goodbye to me and drop off the stuff.My nurse helped me to take a shower this morning while Aunt Sarah helped me change into some clean clothes and brush out my hair.

"You look beautiful,"Aunt Sarah tells me after she finished brushing it out and pulling it up part of the way in a ponytail.

I smile at her as she squeezes my hand in hers reassuringly.

"You should stay with me. I would love to be able to take care of you," Aunt Sarah says to me.

"No. I love you Aunt Sarah but Aunt Megan and I go to the same church. I already chose her to be my godmother. We have a really close bond. I'm sorry but I want to stay with her. We can hang out sometime though once I get better."

"Well that's too bad. I'm your biological aunt. I will fight to take care of you. Even if I have to get a court order."

"No. I want to stay with Aunt Megan. My mom and me had an inseparable bond and now that she is gone, Aunt Megan is the only other person that I have an inseparable bond with."

Aunt Megan is suppose to be here in a few minutes. Aunt Michelle and Grandma Lucy will be here soon also.Today I finally get to wear my own clothes instead of an hospital gown.I'm wearing a pink blouse and jeans with my cute pink flats.

Aunt Megan finally arrives wearing jeans and a cute light blue flower top with her brown hair pulled up in a bun.

"Hi Mavis. Are you ready to leave?"She asks me as she goes to give me a hug.

I nod yes and smile back at her beaming happily.I feel safe embraced in her arms. "What's going on? I heard you were arguing while I was out in the hallway." Aunt Megan asks her.

" Well I want Mavis to stay at our house. I can quit my job and take care of her but obviously she wants to live with you. Aunt Sarah says bitterly.

" Well you can't blame her for wanting to live with me. You have done things in the past to hurt her emotionally. So she doesn't trust you the way she trusts me. Mavis and I have formed a really close relationship. God chose me to be her adoptive aunt in Christ. To be her godmother. To be the one who takes care of her. We go to the same church and she is going to need her church for healing. She needs stability. You can spend time with her still. I promise you that I will take very good care of her. I love Mavis very much. I've always wanted to have a niece. She needs me a lot right now to help her heal and not lose hope in God. I'm not going to let you talk to her like that. I'm sorry if you don't like the idea of me taking care of her, but Toby and I plan to adopt her. So you are going to have to accept it whether you want to or not." Aunt Megan says protectively.

"Fine. If you want to adopt her. Go ahead. She is your niece now. I have to leave for work but will talk more about this another time," Aunt Sarah says to her in a snotty voice.

She kisses my forehead and grabs her purse. By Mavis. Love you", Aunt Sarah says and leaves the room quickly slamming the door.

"I'm so sorry she had to do that. That was very hurtful. I'm sorry you had to hear that. Don't worry. I promise you that won't let her take you away from me. I'm already getting the paper work ready to start the process to adopt you. No one will ever take away my little neice from me. God chose me to be your adoptive aunt in Christ and godmother. You are every inch of your parents and are every inch of me, "Aunt Megan says to me hugging me close in her arms.