Chapter Five

A/N: Smal sexual scene... nothing to crazy. I promise. The song is Talking Body by Tove Lo. Love this song and I was listening to it while I wrote Blaze and Jaz's mating scene. 

Used

Dias's POV

Sunday Afternoon

When I woke up, I was still in the ice bath and I noticed my fever had gone down. I felt good. So, I washed and got out of the bath. I grabbed a pair of boxers and a T-shirt and threw them on. I was going to relax and enjoy my quiet time. I thought about turning my phone on but decided against it. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just wanted to eat junk food and watch Netflix.

So, I did just that. I put some chicken nuggets and a personal pizza in the oven. While that was baking, I turned on the tv and put on The Office. I had an admittedly unhealthy obsession with the show. I have seen every episode more than once. Jim and Pam were my ideal couple. Maybe I could have that now that I have found my mate.

We are already friends, so maybe love would come. Though Jim would've come for Pam by now and Chase is still a no show for me. Do I want him coming to me?

Of course, you do! He's our mate! Jaz says annoyed with me yet again.

Yes, but we're in heat Jaz. Blaze may not be able to behave. I respond trying to reason with her.

So... she starts, and I know I've lost this battle. Who says we want him to behave? That's is what heat was made for, an excuse to misbehave with our mate.

I say... we want both of them to behave. We aren't ready to mate with Chase. I—

I'm interrupted by the oven timer going off. I get up and grab my food the oven. I barely let the food cool off before I am shoving food in my mouth. I haven't eaten since Friday. I am starving. It seems the food is a good enough distraction for both of us because Jaz shuts up. I spend the day enjoying my favorite show. For a couple of hours I am able to forget why I came out and the storm that is awaiting me at home.

Tomorrow is Monday so, at least I won't have to see Chase too much. He has class and work and I have school. All the pack members have jobs along with their pack ranks. Most of the pack members work for our pack's company but some work in other industries.

Each pack has some kind of company that they run. This allows the Alpha and Beta to have jobs that make them and the pack money.

The Luna Blanca Pack company is outdoors equipment store called White Moon Camping. It started small with just one store but now we have stores all over the country and a few overseas. It's pretty cool!

I have helped my dad with some of the advertisements and really loved it! Mason and Chase not only have to learn how to run a pack but also a multimillion-dollar company. It's scary but I know they can do it. That's why they need strong mates, so they can share in the responsibilities.

Which is why the moon goddess chose you as Chase's mate. You're perfect. You already know some of the responsibilities. You're the Alphas Daughter for heaven's sake. Believe in yourself, Diosa. Your name literally means Goddess. You are enough for Chase; you are enough to lead this pack! Don't forget that! Jaz tells me encouragingly.

Before I can respond I get a sharp pain through my whole body. I guess this is the round of my heat. I can do this.

Let's go swimming! Jaz shouts.

Down girl, I love that idea.

I run upstairs and switch into my bathing suit and head into the water. I love swimming in the lake. I don't care about the temperature. When I'm in the water all my worries despair. In my past life, I was a mermaid, no one can tell me different. The cool water feels amazing on my hot skin. In no time I am cool and calm.