Still moving

I should probably explain everything I said back in that last chapter. * No kidding...* My mom was an artist, and my dad was a robotics engineer, so my house was always full of drawings and pieces of what my dad called his " Robot Army". My dad got a job offer from a middle school to go and teach Automation and Robotics, and of course, he took it, meanwhile uprooting our family. I had constantly tried to negotiate some way that we could stay, but mom was insistent that we move.

"Why do we have to move?"

"Dad's new job will be paying him almost triple what he makes now."

"Money can't buy you happiness!"

"No, but money buys more food, and people who have more food are scientifically proven to be happier."

"UUUGGGGHHHHH MMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMM PLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!!"

"No."

So, we either threw out, sold, or packed up every last item in our house, and put it all in a moving truck, just to make it official that we were never coming back here again. I had been silent all week, which I only do if I'm REALLY mad.

"Are you going to talk at all this trip?" My mom asked innocently.

No response. In the distance, I hear my sister say " He doesn't talk when he doesn't want to. He's your son, you should know this."

My mom sighs and goes back to packing boxes.