Chapter 13

Jungkook's POV

Numb.

That was the only words to describe how I had felt the past few days. It had been five days exactly since my father died. Taehyung and Jimin had been there for me, letting me stay at both their houses, but I just wanted to be in my own house for once. Home.

They both helped plan the funeral, especially Taehyung, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible for my sake. I was thankful for that, for both of them.

Today was his funeral.

I had Taehyung on one side of me and Jimin on the other. We were the only one's who attended, the only ones who sent him off. It made me even more sad. None of his friends even attended. Will mine attend my funeral? I hope so.

Jimin had to go to his aunts about three hours away for a week, leaving right after the funeral. I still had Taehyung though, so I wasn't worried or lonely.

I was calm.

I couldn't help but feel that this was the calm before the storm.

When the funeral was over and Jimin was gone, I stood in the cemetery with Taehyung, staring at the grave.

"I know he abused me and hated me, but he was my dad", I cried softly. I felt Taehyungs grip tighten around me.

"I know love, it's okay. You're allowed to miss him, to grieve", Taehyung whispered before kissing the top of my head.

"Taehyung, can we stay at my house instead of the motel? Just until we go back to school whenever I feel I can", I asked softly.

"Of course. We can get out stuff from my apartment on the way there", Taehyung smiled softly at me. I leaned up and pressed our lips together in a firm, but loving, kiss. He kissed me back before pulling away and starting to walk me to the car.

Kissing.

It's something we had been doing a lot of over the past five days. Not like making out and stuff, just small kisses to help ease my pain. They worked like magic.

After about an hour, we were back at my house with our stuff and full stomachs, having went out to eat. Taehyung carried everything in including me on his back. We had cleaned the house and rearranged the furniture since the incident, wanting to make it seem like a new house. My room was differently arrange too, my queen sized bed in the middle of the back wall now, instead on in a corner.

Taehyung set everything down and changed both our clothes into comfortable ones before laying down on the bed, pulling me into his arms.

"Wanna watch a movie before bed?", he asked, kissing my forehead.

"Sure, can we watch The Spy Who Dumped Me? I know it's a bit of a chick flick, but-", I was cut off by Taehyung kissing me softly.

"We can watch anything you want baby. I'll turn it on", he smiled, turning on the TV and the movie, which was still in the DVD player from watching it with Jimin the other night. We had moved the TV and DVD player into my room for now because I wasn't quite ready to be in the living room yet.

"Thank you", I smiled softly, covering us up with blankets.

"Anytime love", he smiled. I snuggled into his arms as he shut off the light, the room becoming dark. My fathers funeral had been in the evening instead of the morning like most, because that was the time his friends and co-workers had said they could be there. Guess they must have forgot. Assholes.

We watched the movie in peace and I ended up falling asleep halfway through, Taehyung following soon after. We were both exhausted, physically and emotionally.

We needed the break we were getting.

The peace.

The calm.

Together.

A/N I really like writing this book and find it easy to do because I don't feel obligated to make the chapters super long. Are you guys ok with the short chapters or do you prefer longer ones?

Words: 690