Stony - Rainbow

Tony has been working non-stop since Peter was kidnapped. It sucked that his Peter, his kid, was taken. Tony dropped his wrench into the table with a heavy thud. He didn't even notice the one and only Captain America standing in the doorway.

Steve slowly walked over to Tony like he was a tiger out for the first time. He placed a hand on Tony's shoulder and offered him a small, sad smile.

"When it rain it pours," Steve said, referring to when Peter got kidnapped. "But you didn't even notice. It ain't rainin' anymore, it's hard to breathe when all we know is the struggle of staying above, the rising water line," Steve brought Tony into a hug as the infamous Iron Man cried into his chest. Steve kissed the younger man's head.

"Well the sky is finally open, the rain and wind stopped blowin'. But you're stuck out in the same old storm again," Steve mumbled softly, tearing up slightly.

"You hold tight to your umbrella, darlin' I'm just tryin' to tell ya," the Captain referred to the screwdriver that Tony was holding with a death grip.

"That there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head. If you could see what I see, you'd be blinded by the colours," Steve smiled down at him, a few tears trickling down his face.

"Yellow, red and orange and green, and at least a million others." Tony smiled up at Steve softly, sniffling. Tony's phone rang.

"Sir, it's the Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Would you like to-?"

"Yes! Do I look like an idiot, Jarvis?" The man snapped.

"Hello? Is this Mr. Stark?" Tony's heart shattered into a million and one little pieces. Peter had put his name in as Mr. Stark. Not Tony or anything. Just Mr. Stark.

"The one and only, ma'am," Tony answered, tears streaming down his face.

"You were Peter Parker's emergency contact. I'm sorry, Sir; but Peter passed this morning at 3:45."

Tony just nodded. Too many emotions were running through his head at once. He turned to face Steve. "Hang up, Jarvis," Steve commanded. Jarvis obeyed. Tony crashed into Steve's arms in sobs, grasping for air.

"So tie up your bow, take off your coat and take a look around," Steve crooked out, "Cause the sky is finally open, the rain and wind stopped blown'." Tony dropped the screwdriver that he was holding. Steve didn't let go of his secret husband.

"But you're stuck out in the same old storm again. You hold tight to your umbrella, darlin' I'm just tryin' to tell ya that there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head."

The two held each other for a few moments of silence. Steve spoke up, "Oh tie up your bow, take off your coat and take a look around. Everything is alright now."

Tony stayed silent. He loved hearing Steve's voice, but he wanted a word in this. "'Cause the sky is finally open, the rain and wind stopped blowin'. But you're stuck out in the same old storm again."

Steve looked surprised. Tony stole his words. "Let go of your umbrella, darlin' I'm just tryin' to tell ya that there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head. Yeah there's always been a rainbow hangin' over your head."

The rest of the night was a blur to the two. Steve and Tony broke the news to the rest of the team. Natasha didn't take it lightly. She went down to the training room. The rest of the team sat in silence. Tony and Steve were laying in their shared bed, just laying there.

"It all be alright."