↳ prologue

THE SOUND OF KEYS against the lock jiggles as the doors of a small city apartment in Cairo open, revealing a young blonde woman, she pulls her beige shawl off her head, sighing

THE SOUND OF KEYS against the lock jiggles as the doors of a small city apartment in Cairo open, revealing a young blonde woman, she pulls her beige shawl off her head, sighing. She had gotten a call from her mother a year ago that her little sister had gone missing and Sarah would have gone home to help her mother but Jackie had told her not to come home and to stay in Egypt as she was in the process of uncovering tomb that had been lost for centuries. 

She placed her keys in the dish that was on a small table by the entrance, "What a day," she muttered as she walks to her small room where there was a suitcase half packed sitting on her bed. She had been packing her stuff to head back home for Christmas as she missed the last one and Jackie missed her eldest daughter so much that she asked her to come home this year. Sarah had finally excavated the Egyptian dig site after a year and a half since she had found it, finding many artifacts that had been lost for centuries.

The blonde woman walked to her wardrobe, grabbing the clothes that were hanging up on the rack and placing them on her bed, she owned the apartment so she could leave some of her stuff that she didn't need to take with her back home. It took her an hour to finish packing as her flight back to London was at 8 pm and it would be over a five-hour flight that she would most likely sleep most of it.

She looked over to the bedside table where a scarlet red diary sat, it was almost an exact copy of Rivers one. River had given her the diary to write down her future adventures with the Doctor when it was her time to meet him but she knew that she wouldn't always meet him in the right order, her dreams constantly reminded her that most of her trips with him would be short as she would often disappear in gold dust then wake up with another Doctor. Deep down she wanted to stay with one Doctor and stay with him as he regenerates but that's not what fate wants. River has a vortex manipulator that she uses to travel with the Doctor when the time is right but Sarah has an internal one that River had warned her about and she mentioned that she would experience a rather bad headache the first time she would travel to another Doctor but it would ease over time. River also told her not to show anyone her journal. "Sarah, you can't show anyone what is inside your journal as I cannot with mine. That journal is yours and yours alone and you mustn't show him when you meet him either. But don't worry sweetie we'll see each other soon." She puts the diary in her carry-on before zipping up the bag, slings it over her shoulder.

She zips up her suitcase, pulling it off her bed as she looks up to see her sketch pad on her dresser, it was filled with all her drawings of her dreams that she had when she was a little girl. She walked over to the book, flipping a few pages with images of a blue box, different faces of the same man but she never drew any of the creatures that he had faced as River mentioned one creature that's image can become the creature itself. 

Sarah grabbed her phone as she sent her mom a text telling her that she was leaving her apartment for the airport before heading to the door, she knew that once she saw her younger sister that there would be some conflict between them, even though it was more or a one-sided sibling rivalry. Rose had always been jealous of Sarah ever since they were younger. Where Sarah excelled Rose didn't, Rose had dropped out of school for a boy while Sarah was going to college to get a degree in archeology. Jackie had always been supportive of Sarah's academic choices but wishes that Rose didn't drop out of school for a boy but Rose did what she liked.

Grabbing her suitcase and carry-on walks out of her room toward the front door, pulling her shawl back over her head she exits the apartment, locking to door.  "Well, time to head back home," she pulls her suitcase down the stairs to where her taxi was waiting for her. The man places her suitcase in the trunk, "Where to ma'am?" he asked, opening the taxi door for her.

"Cairo Airport, thank you," Sarah replied, hopping into the taxi.

🇨🇺🇷🇷🇪🇳🇹 🇼🇴🇷🇩 🇨🇴🇺🇳🇹: 828